Pack Out Bobby Dodd

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Okay, guys, I just wanted to say that I know this game is a white-out, but don’t give me grief if I show up in gold or navy. My flight from Dublin arrives at 2:45 and I won’t have time to go home and get a fresh white shirt. I’ll have just enough time to get about an hour long nap at my daughter’s apartment before heading to the game. Besides, why mess with what I now consider my lucky combo.
I'm down with that if only your devotion to wearing the same outfit include the same unmentionables....

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Received an e mail from J Batt concerning Student tickets. He refers to 6000 tickets SOLD to students in the Student Yellow Jacket Gold Club plus 1000 single game tickets sold to students. He also said purchased.

I have always believed the football tickets were part of the student fees. I remember Homer Rice talking about (In his book) GT being one of the few ACC schools that did not have an athletic fee being part of the fees for all students. As I recall he was able to get the administration to add those fees in the 1980s. When I was in school in 1962-67 it was free, first come first served.

See Batt's memo below.

Last edited:

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Received an e mail from J Batt concerning Student tickets. He refers to 6000 tickets SOLD to students in the Student Yellow Jacket Gold Club plus 1000 single game tickets sold to students. He also said purchased.

I have always believed the football tickets were part of the student fees. I remember Homer Rice talking about (In his book) GT being one of the few ACC schools that did not have an athletic fee being part of the fees for all students. As I recall he was able to get the administration to add those fees in the 1980s. When I was in school in 1962-67 it was free, first come first served.

See Batt's memo below.

You can get student tickets for each game for $0 on top of the student fee first-come first-serve like the old days if you’ve paid the athletic fee (ie. you aren’t part-time or interning). They sell season tickets for $65 for those who want to sit in a specific section and want a guaranteed ticket to all games.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
You can get student tickets for each game for $0 on top of the student fee first-come first-serve like the old days if you’ve paid the athletic fee (ie. you aren’t part-time or interning). They sell season tickets for $65 for those who want to sit in a specific section and want a guaranteed ticket to all games.

Batt said in the memo that the 6000 sold were season tickets ($65) plus 1000 single game tickets sold. I wonder if there any additional seats for the $0 tickets that you refer to. I have no clue how many total seats are allocated for students. I assume the $65 price is for the season, not per game, correct?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Batt said in the memo that the 6000 sold were season tickets ($65) plus 1000 single game tickets sold. I wonder if there any additional seats for the $0 tickets that you refer to. I have no clue how many total seats are allocated for students. I assume the $65 price is for the season, not per game, correct.
The 1,000 number kind of confuses me. Even if they sold 800 south endzone seats, I would think there's more than 1,800 seats spread between 133-136. I'm not sure how they expect to fill the rest of the sections. Maybe there is another round of south endzone freebies that will be released tomorrow or Saturday?

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Batt said in the memo that the 6000 sold were season tickets ($65) plus 1000 single game tickets sold. I wonder if there any additional seats for the $0 tickets that you refer to. I have no clue how many total seats are allocated for students. I assume the $65 price is for the season, not per game, correct?
I interpret the 1000 single-game tickets as being the $0 tickets I’m talking about

GT33

Helluva Engineer
You'd think we could put students in all the vast empty sections in the East, West, North upper decks. I know we ripped some down, but we didn't take out 15k seats. C'mon, doesn't take an Engineering degree, ticket not sold = empty seat for a student.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
You'd think we could put students in all the vast empty sections in the East, West, North upper decks. I know we ripped some down, but we didn't take out 15k seats. C'mon, doesn't take an Engineering degree, ticket not sold = empty seat for a student.
Agree with this.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Good gosh!
Here we are arguing about sitting or standing.
We need to be excited about having a good football team.
Let’s work on filling up Bobby Dodd, then maybe have a discussion about sitting or standing.
Here’s my opinion: stand on third downs or on a crucial moment on defense. Stand, cheer, high five, etc after big offensive play/scoring play. Stand and boo when Refball ensues. Stand and clap for fight songs. Everything else: should be seated. But as I said, there’s moments where you should be standing.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Students that have South Endzone tickets often sneak into the North Endzone seats. Not sure what the solution is but that's one reason the South Endzone always looks empty

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
You'd think we could put students in all the vast empty sections in the East, West, North upper decks. I know we ripped some down, but we didn't takeI out 15k seats. C'mon, doesn't take an Engineering degree, ticket not sold = empty seat for a student.
I looked at the ticket map and there are spots where they could sell tickets to students and make this game a sellout. I suspect we're about 1500 to 2000 from getting there and with one more day, well we're running out of time. Sell those tickets!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I looked at the ticket map and there are spots where they could sell tickets to students and make this game a sellout. I suspect we're about 1500 to 2000 from getting there and with one more day, well we're running out of time. Sell those tickets!
This was addressed earlier in the thread but Tech suppresses the actual seating supply. If we sell the next 2000 tickets, they will open 2000 more seats up further up the section. The only sections that are sold out right now are CL1-4, 105-107, 225, 204L, and 205L. I think if we get 35,000 tomorrow, that should be considered a success.

Woodstock23

Georgia Tech Fan
The ticket representative said around 6,000 tickets are still available.
If that’s true we should have around 45,000 at the game tomorrow night.
That will be tickets sold.
(Hopefully most people will show up)

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
This was addressed earlier in the thread but Tech suppresses the actual seating supply. If we sell the next 2000 tickets, they will open 2000 more seats up further up the section. The only sections that are sold out right now are CL1-4, 105-107, 225, 204L, and 205L. I think if we get 35,000 tomorrow, that should be considered a success.
It should be noted we’re getting close to selling out the lower west. 103/104 and 108/109 only have maybe 10-20 available seats per section.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
35k is way too low to be considered a success. 35k would be disappointing my eyes.
Need at least 40k and hope for 45k.
35k was our highest attended non UGA game last year, against a ranked UNC team on homecoming. Just getting to 35k for a game against Georgia State should be considered a mild success. Anything more is just gravy, and getting 40k+ would be huge. Ole Miss barely drew 40k in 2022, and the last time we drew 40k to a non-P5 game was Geoff’s first home game in 2019 against USF.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Okay, guys, I just wanted to say that I know this game is a white-out, but don’t give me grief if I show up in gold or navy. My flight from Dublin arrives at 2:45 and I won’t have time to go home and get a fresh white shirt. I’ll have just enough time to get about an hour long nap at my daughter’s apartment before heading to the game. Besides, why mess with what I now consider my lucky combo.
Is your daughter married? Surely she has a wedding dress you could put on...

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
IMG_6577.jpeg

Feels good to be back.