Oliver

GTFLETCH

Banned
Marshall isn’t why we lost in Tampa.
You are correct, there were a whole host of reasons why we lost, however down by three Marshall had a chance to put the team on his back (just like in 2017) and on that drive when we were down by three he instead of a game winning drive he throws a INT... He does not have the "It" factor of JFN, JeT, Joe, Goose.... Or even Tevin for that matter....

Marshall is an AB, who has a ton of heart and stepped up and played out of position.... With Tobias, Graham and Yates coming in the future seems bright, playing Marshall going forward does not help the program one bit!

LibertyTurns

Banned
A huge knock a lot of the fans (maybe some in here that want TO to start) had on TaQuan was with his bad choices on keeps instead of pitching. We haven't really seen if TO has the pitch down or how well he can do it at game speed. I do think he should get reps for UNC but they now have game tape on him which VT didn't really have much of. Everything is a chess match at this level.
The biggest problem with Tevin was his “IT” factor normally occurred from about 2 mins to 30 secs left in the game too early. If only he had that extra IT which enabled him to bleed the entire clock down so we didn’t launch the vaunted prevent D to prevent us from winning.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like the idea of starting Marshall and letting defenses see him for a couple of series then bring in Oliver. Then play Oliver until the D can shut him down. If they do bring Marshall back.

This is what I would like to see. Defenses already have their hands full preparing for the triple option. Now throw in a power package where we bring the receivers in tight and everyone just drive blocks while we run QB sweeps left and right.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You are correct, there were a whole host of reasons why we lost, however down by three Marshall had a chance to put the team on his back (just like in 2017) and on that drive when we were down by three he instead of a game winning drive he throws a INT... He does not have the "It" factor of JFN, JeT, Joe, Goose.... Or even Tevin for that matter....

Marshall is an AB, who has a ton of heart and stepped up and played out of position.... With Tobias, Graham and Yates coming in the future seems bright, playing Marshall going forward does not help the program one bit!
He’s an option qb not an Aback. But you know better than the guy who invented the offense.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to start Oliver... you can't deny his talent and impact on the offense. He's bigger and stronger, and the offense just responds to him. He is a legit all-star in the making for G-Tech.

I also believe if Oliver stayed in the game, they beat USF and the team is 5-3 or better at this point.