Oliver

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
He's got to be the starter going forward right? We've yet to see him run the full breadth of the offense, but his vision is excellent, he evades contact well in my opinion, and has the length and strength to fight for extra yards.

I am grateful for TQM and all his hard work as a GT student athlete, but it's time to give TO the offense. Tonight gave me hope that we can beat UNC, at least split UVa and Miami (maybe win both?)... I feel like he's a shot in the arm for a program and offense that has felt stale and frustrating.

I'm on the TO bandwagon!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
He's got to be the starter going forward right? We've yet to see him run the full breadth of the offense, but his vision is excellent, he evades contact well in my opinion, and has the length and strength to fight for extra yards.

I am grateful for TQM and all his hard work as a GT student athlete, but it's time to give TO the offense. Tonight gave me hope that we can beat UNC, at least split UVa and Miami (maybe win both?)... I feel like he's a shot in the arm for a program and offense that has felt stale and frustrating.

I'm on the TO bandwagon!

Absolutely!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He certainly should be. That being said I also though Vad would be the starter after the UNC game that year so who knows.

Going forward I really hope our OL play tonight is indicative of what we can expect going forward.
Vad still played a lot though.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
TO played extremely well. Hats off to him.

Not an attempt to throw shade, but when thinking about his starter debut with that many carries, the first comparison that came to mind was... TaQuon Marshall vs. UT. I also offer that to somewhat control expectations. Let's see what happens with multiple starts and see if he can hold up physically and mentally.

Major difference, GT won tonight.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if we're forced to throw. I don't see Oliver as any better than Marshall, but at this point I think TO is the right choice to start.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been a Paul Johnson defender. I think he is a great coach and I love having him here. I've respected and understand his decisions on who starts but if T. Oliver isn't the starting QB for the rest of this season, I will be upset. T. Marshall is not JT5. Oliver has to be QB 1 now.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, not putting in Oliver last week until it was too late when it was clear it wasn’t working against Duke was the most frustrated I have ever been with CPJ. At a minimum, Oliver should get 2 drives a game every game. Wouldn’t disappoint me at all if we start him going forward.

I do believe he runs a more limited playbook and teams will adjust. That said, they are so close, Oliver is a change up in pace and tone, and he rarely gets negative plays.

Play him more!!!!

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I appreciate the heart TQM shows and I think he has done a lot for this team. At the same time, he has looked hurt much of this season and the deficiencies in the passing game has cost us. I felt like TO should have been put in pretty early in the Duke game. He appears to run stronger, and I can't think his passing could be any worse. I hope he has won the job for UNC.

I was also impressed to see how TQM responded to not starting - I saw a lot of cheerleading and celebrating for the work of TO. I feel we can get at least 2-3 of the next 4. I REALLY hope one of those can be against uGAg (a man can dream).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Oliver is like Nesbitt in the sense that once he puts his foot down, he gets North quick. Also, Oliver is a pretty big guy so arm tackles aren't going to stop him

You contrast it with Marshall who tries to out quick defenders and is more of an east/west runner. This offense hums when the QB get north quick. It's what Matthew Jordan brought to the table 2 years ago when we upset VT.