Oliver

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Oliver has earned his spot as a starter. But one thing to think about. Oliver runs a different playbook and TQM was broadcast as the starter this week. We caught VT off guard by starting Oliver. Now do we continue to broadcast Oliver as a starter to keep teams on edge ? I like the idea of dual threat here to keep teams on edge for the rest of the season

And to the above. TQM was cleared to play but didn't practice as much this week so CPJ said they felt that Oliver was ready to start

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate the heart TQM shows and I think he has done a lot for this team. At the same time, he has looked hurt much of this season and the deficiencies in the passing game has cost us. I felt like TO should have been put in pretty early in the Duke game. He appears to run stronger, and I can't think his passing could be any worse. I hope he has won the job for UNC.

I was also impressed to see how TQM responded to not starting - I saw a lot of cheerleading and celebrating for the work of TO. I feel we can get at least 2-3 of the next 4. I REALLY hope one of those can be against uGAg (a man can dream).

I think I heard that UGA is 10th in the SEC against the run. Maybe we have a shot and we are playing in Athens this year which seems to be a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

It was 3rd and 5. Logic would tell you, if he did it BEFORE the first down marker, well, doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest.

...or maybe it does.

Sorry, I was referring to an uncalled one on that late TD run where the BB cut someone right about at the line.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
In reality what we did with TO and also what we did at Lville, was reduce line calls and play fast shootign for 6 to 8 ypc instead of home runs. When we run the triple against a team that plays that mike backer back 10 yards it makes the seal block on the mike for the pitch really hard to do. Tonight we were releasing the playside A back out to the corner and cracking the mike or Safety if the mike blitz the non existent mesh. We were also bring the a-back in slug ( the little pass potion but he was slowing down behind the guard) prior to the sweep the backers were reading him and thinking pass. By the time they reacted it was to late.

Its not that the blocking is harder on the o-line its that the backer play on the triple has gotten much better in teams we often face. I don't think we've ran a true triple once against foster for 3 years.

They spend a lot of time practicing against it, then never see it. Because foster has his 3 tech play 1 yard back and his NT play up on the line because we usually run the triple to the nose side and he wants teh backside tackle to avoid the scoop. We were blowing them off the ball by running toward the 3 technique.

Think they're getting in-depth analysis like this on the dwag boards?

Deleted member 2897

Think they're getting in-depth analysis like this on the dwag boards?

Don't even try and toss those stupid dwags a clue, they won't know what to do with it.

giphy.gif

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate the heart TQM shows and I think he has done a lot for this team. At the same time, he has looked hurt much of this season and the deficiencies in the passing game has cost us. I felt like TO should have been put in pretty early in the Duke game. He appears to run stronger, and I can't think his passing could be any worse. I hope he has won the job for UNC.

I was also impressed to see how TQM responded to not starting - I saw a lot of cheerleading and celebrating for the work of TO. I feel we can get at least 2-3 of the next 4. I REALLY hope one of those can be against uGAg (a man can dream).

Yes, kudos to TQM for being a team player. He's got a lot of class, and it shows.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm impressed by TO's play, but he's much more Tevin than Josh. Slick runner and doesn't take hard hits. I would say he's a bit faster than Tevin. Tobias wasn't trucking people like Josh.

And Josh had a cannon for an arm....almost too good?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm impressed by TO's play, but he's much more Tevin than Josh. Slick runner and doesn't take hard hits. I would say he's a bit faster than Tevin. Tobias wasn't trucking people like Josh.

And Josh had a cannon for an arm....almost too good?

TO is a much better athlete than Tevin. Faster and with better balance along with more strength, even if he isn't Nesbitt strong. I'd say as a runner he is more akin to Lee than any other starter we've had. At least before Lee lost confidence in his blockers.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
TO is a much better athlete than Tevin. Faster and with better balance along with more strength, even if he isn't Nesbitt strong. I'd say as a runner he is more akin to Lee than any other starter we've had. At least before Lee lost confidence in his blockers.

He is a strider like VL, but he is more explosive, it seems to me. If he could get his reads to a TW level, he might be the perfect option QB. We would literally never have to throw (and some peoples' heads would explode).