Oliver

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
That doesn’t make sense, why not make TM #2?

It makes sense if Oliver is now the starter (which he has to be after tonight) and TM is graduating. With 4 games to go Graham is the back up - mop up guy who needs the playing time for the future, in the regular QB rotation.

I said barring injury, TM is no longer the QB, I also said Graham isn’t ready to start.

Oliver’s play tonight let CPJ know that Oliver can handle the game, going foraward it makes no sense to look at TM as a #2, he is an emergency starter based on experience otherwise Oliver and Graham are effectively as were TM and Oliver at the start.

Lucas Johnson isn’t going to miss two seasons and reclaim the top spot next year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It makes sense if Oliver is now the starter (which he has to be after tonight) and TM is graduating. With 4 games to go Graham is the back up - mop up guy who needs the playing time for the future, in the regular QB rotation.

I said barring injury, TM is no longer the QB, I also said Graham isn’t ready to start.

Oliver’s play tonight let CPJ know that Oliver can handle the game, going foraward it makes no sense to look at TM as a #2, he is an emergency starter based on experience otherwise Oliver and Graham are effectively as were TM and Oliver at the start.

Lucas Johnson isn’t going to miss two seasons and reclaim the top spot next year.

Oliver is the better overall QB IMHO, but TM should come in regularly to reduce the hits on Oliver. And also to pass (that is an allowed play in football, but we didn't do it tonight.)

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Graham doesn't need too much playing time for the future. Don't want to lose that redshirt.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Graham doesn't need too much playing time for the future. Don't want to lose that redshirt.

Maybe but if he is the #2 next year it would be nice to know he has held the ball in a game.

It’s all conjecture anyway, who knows what CPJ will do, I’m just projecting what I would do. If I was CPJ I’d be on the hot seat with half of you guys anyway.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

0% chance that Marshall isn't at least the second string. We gain very little from burning Graham's red shirt.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
0% chance that Marshall isn't at least the second string. We gain very little from burning Graham's red shirt.

You guys are acting like second string in this offense means he plays every other snap. I just don’t get that zero chance thing but ok. If Oliver is the starter there’s about a 10% chance Graham plays in all four remaining games. If Graham plays the entire game in two of the last four he still has his redshirt

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You guys are acting like second string in this offense means he plays every other snap. I just don’t get that zero chance thing but ok. If Oliver is the starter there’s about a 10% chance Graham plays in all four remaining games. If Graham plays the entire game in two of the last four he still has his redshirt
Marshall getting hit by a bus is the only way he becomes the third string QB.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Would love to see the break downs from @Longestday and other fonts but my guy says the OLine dominated. I said in another thread that if we really have everyone back healthy on the front line then we were going to roll and I believe that was the case tonight. BO looked the part tonight but equal credit goes to the line play.

Also on a personal note I love seeing TQM being a leader and celebrating / getting up for the team and Oliver’s success. That’s a model of the men and women we want to create at Ga Tech.

Hats off to him being a high energy, positive leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see the break downs from @Longestday and other fonts but my guy says the OLine dominated. I said in another thread that if we really have everyone back healthy on the front line then we were going to roll and I believe that was the case tonight. BO looked the part tonight but equal credit goes to the line play.

Also on a personal note I love seeing TQM being a leader and celebrating / getting up for the team and Oliver’s success. That’s a model of the men and women we want to create at Ga Tech.

Hats off to him being a high energy, positive leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need one of our resident offense gurus to chime in on something. I want to know if the midline and zone option plays are less demanding on our offensive lineman than the triple option and counter. I know Oliver needs a different playbook due to his strengths and potentially a limited grasp on the triple. What I want to know is if running more midline / follow / and zone option is easier on our offensive line and is allowing them to be physically dominant due to not having to think as much. I heard we had 150 yard before contact tonight; what an incredible stat. You don't do that without an offensive line that is obliterating the other team.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I need one of our resident offense gurus to chime in on something. I want to know if the midline and zone option plays are less demanding on our offensive lineman than the triple option and counter. I know Oliver needs a different playbook due to his strengths and potentially a limited grasp on the triple. What I want to know is if running more midline / follow / and zone option is easier on our offensive line and is allowing them to be physically dominant due to not having to think as much. I heard we had 150 yard before contact tonight; what an incredible stat. You don't do that without an offensive line that is obliterating the other team.

In reality what we did with TO and also what we did at Lville, was reduce line calls and play fast shootign for 6 to 8 ypc instead of home runs. When we run the triple against a team that plays that mike backer back 10 yards it makes the seal block on the mike for the pitch really hard to do. Tonight we were releasing the playside A back out to the corner and cracking the mike or Safety if the mike blitz the non existent mesh. We were also bring the a-back in slug ( the little pass potion but he was slowing down behind the guard) prior to the sweep the backers were reading him and thinking pass. By the time they reacted it was to late.

Its not that the blocking is harder on the o-line its that the backer play on the triple has gotten much better in teams we often face. I don't think we've ran a true triple once against foster for 3 years.

They spend a lot of time practicing against it, then never see it. Because foster has his 3 tech play 1 yard back and his NT play up on the line because we usually run the triple to the nose side and he wants teh backside tackle to avoid the scoop. We were blowing them off the ball by running toward the 3 technique.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
In reality what we did with TO and also what we did at Lville, was reduce line calls and play fast shootign for 6 to 8 ypc instead of home runs. When we run the triple against a team that plays that mike backer back 10 yards it makes the seal block on the mike for the pitch really hard to do. Tonight we were releasing the playside A back out to the corner and cracking the mike or Safety if the mike blitz the non existent mesh. We were also bring the a-back in slug ( the little pass potion but he was slowing down behind the guard) prior to the sweep the backers were reading him and thinking pass. By the time they reacted it was to late.

Its not that the blocking is harder on the o-line its that the backer play on the triple has gotten much better in teams we often face. I don't think we've ran a true triple once against foster for 3 years.

They spend a lot of time practicing against it, then never see it. Because foster has his 3 tech play 1 yard back and his NT play up on the line because we usually run the triple to the nose side and he wants teh backside tackle to avoid the scoop. We were blowing them off the ball by running toward the 3 technique.
Thank you so much.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

I noticed that many times the g and c double teamed DRIVE BLOCKED the n t
No more the c trying to slip by to get to the lb while the g goes low. in past the center was held by the nt and a pile was made at the l o s.
With the double team the pile was 3 yes down field and 24 could go either side.

Will this work against a 4 man line? Or w a safety in the g t gap?
Bud foster got out schemed.

Animal02

Banned
It made sense to put TM back in for that pass play against USF, but he was not the same as he was before the injury, and Oliver should have come back in immediately
It was early in the season, TO likely only could handle a few plays from the playbook. Even now, he carried the ball the majority of the time. That one trick will not last long now that there is plenty of tape on him to watch.