Okogie to the T-Wolves at #20 overall

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lots of stuff going on in Okogie's world lately.

Butler forcing a trade seemed like it would open some minutes for him, however, the likely package coming back could be problematic.

Sounds like the most likely deal is to Miami for a 1st, Adebayo and Josh Richardson (uh oh). Richardson is a similar player to Okogie and he's already been paid. With MIN trying to stay a playoff team, this would likely mean less minutes for Okogie. On top of that, Thibs (who should be fired, but that's a whole other issue) isn't apt to play rookies anyway.

Hope the situation ends up favorable for Okogie.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yea I think the issue for Okogie is more Tibs than anything else. Hopefully he moves to be a little more understanding of messes rookies create while bringing energy but, like you, I doubt it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hmmm, something tells me Josh's day was .... eventful ...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...wolves?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Supposedly Butler ran with the reserves vs the starters and ate their lunch. I have a feeling Okogie was on his squad.

A. Blame to Butler for being unprofessional and
B. Fire Thibs for allowing the dude in the building in the first place. Basically allowed Butler to confirm his statement about Towns, Wiggins, et al being a punch of kittens.

Good luck coming back from that, Tom.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Hmmm, something tells me Josh's day was .... eventful ...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...wolves?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Supposedly Butler ran with the reserves vs the starters and ate their lunch. I have a feeling Okogie was on his squad.

A. Blame to Butler for being unprofessional and
B. Fire Thibs for allowing the dude in the building in the first place. Basically allowed Butler to confirm his statement about Towns, Wiggins, et al being a punch of kittens.

Good luck coming back from that, Tom.
I wish there was video footage of this. That would be great.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If you are a coach you gotta love that. It is a hard job but you have to learn to bottle that with Butler and use it to motivate the other guys he talks about. Yea it is a ***** but that is what pro basketball is when guys are paid. Go back to Jordan or Kobe and this is a light day in the office.

I don't have any issue with Butler. I would have more with KAT and Wiggins.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Could be Thibs sending a message to the other players "You guys that think you're bad azzes, THAT is why the best player on the team wants out. He just took a bunch of scrubs and used you guys to wipe the floor with. Wait until the season starts and a TEAM embarasses you on TV...get it together!!!"

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Jimmy Butler sounds like CPJ a few years back. Some guys are just happy to be in the league and the perks of being in the league. Winning is secondary or not important. Hopefully this light a fire under KAT and Wiggins

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you are a coach you gotta love that. It is a hard job but you have to learn to bottle that with Butler and use it to motivate the other guys he talks about. Yea it is a ***** but that is what pro basketball is when guys are paid. Go back to Jordan or Kobe and this is a light day in the office.

I don't have any issue with Butler. I would have more with KAT and Wiggins.

Yeah, Butler is the type of player I want and Wiggins/KAT are certainly not. They are numbers guys, not winning players. JMHO.

My issue with Butler, in this instance, was situational awareness. I didn't think the blowup really helped him. Listening to NBARadio this morning, sounds like I may have been wrong. More folks thinking this just shows Butler's savage approach, wants to be with winners.

On Wiggins/KAT, if they need something like this to light their fire, all that tells me is they have no fire to light anyway. Based on all the reports, they just took it. Didn't go back at him at all. If Thibs' goal was to 'show them what real fire is, he failed. Something like this only forces a guy like that further into a shell.