Okogie to the T-Wolves at #20 overall

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Alot of MN fans are worried that when Andrew Wiggins comes back from his injury that the coach will stop playing Josh. He has a long reputation of not liking to play rookies and says he wants to play a 9 man rotation.

Go read the Wolves message board for the game last night and there is alot of screaming about why isn't the coach playing Josh in the 4th, especially in defensive situations. Most wanted him to pull either Rose or Teague from the lineup and put in Okogie.

The fans in MN are already in love with Okogie over how hard he plays - playing legit defense, going had after rebounds - to them any offense from him is just bonus on top.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm very curious to see how things shake out after they trade Butler. If they take HOU's deal (4 1sts and Criss), Josh will likely slide into more minutes. May even start. Especially if you consider Thibs could be fired along the way.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Link didn't work as is for me so here...

I feel like I didn't appreciate him enough when he was here.

Can we just pause a moment and remember CBG's recruiting. There was no late start talk when he brought in Marcus, Carter, and Solo (iirc) in year one. Then he brings in JO on the way out the door.

Bud for him

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Can we just pause a moment and remember CBG's recruiting. There was no late start talk when he brought in Marcus, Carter, and Solo (iirc) in year one. Then he brings in JO on the way out the door.

Devoe was better than Marcus, and while we are remembering, remember we took Carter's AAU coach's son to land him, and took Poole despite a tremendous amount of baggage, and then were "surprised" when Carter transferred to follow similar influences, and Poole got kicked off the team for the same issues he had in highschool. Still if gregory actually recruited guys like Hunt and Bolden consistently and in the numbers we needed, he wouldn't get hammered so hard for recruiting. Instead he had several bad classes, worse than either of Pastner's first 2, in a row.

Also, on his way out the door he looses 4 starters and a key reserves and basically leaves a 1 man class, 2 with Matthews, but White was never going to qualify. And that was after years of using grad transfers to build the core leaving us with little.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Marcus was an excellent start.
As mentioned we got Carter because we brought his coach's son in as a grad transfer. Also, when that coach got a big new deal with UA he convinced Carter to leave GT and transfer to MD.
Poole was a mistake and I was afraid it was going to be at the time. We brought in his brother as a transfer as well to help get him. But Poole had issues. I really wanted them to go full steam after Monte Morris instead - who they were recruiting. I remember talking to another GT BB fan at the time and we both thought Poole was a very hisk risk/high reward signee that would likely determine Gregory's fate at GT. Unfortunately he busted.

Gregory had some legitimate good wins on the trail, but not enough and he started going to transfers primarily.
He did bring in JO in that last class and that was very good. Matthews ended up not being able to handle the academics and White was never going to end up here - he was allowed to be signed for positive perception reasons.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don’t understand why they don’t just trade him to the Nets? It’d be kind of a **** you and you’d get probably a guaranteed lottery pick. 4 1st round picks from the Rockets is basically the equivalent of 4 2nd round picks.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So I guess Josh is likely to keep getting minutes since Butler is going to once again act as a non-professional.

At some point I assume MN will trade him but they are definitely working to get a big bounty for him. As mentioned above they are unwilling to take Houston's deal as it is likely to almost be like taking 4 2nd round picks over 7 yrs for him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don’t understand why they don’t just trade him to the Nets? It’d be kind of a **** you and you’d get probably a guaranteed lottery pick. 4 1st round picks from the Rockets is basically the equivalent of 4 2nd round picks.

Man, Houston's not gonna be good for much longer. The 1sts are valuable as long as the protections aren't crazy.

IMHO, at the end of the day, the issue is Thibs has no intention of actually trading Butler. Unfortunately for them he's torpedoing their organization in the process.