Okogie to the T-Wolves at #20 overall

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
pretty much playing to form so far. Losing the ball on drives and a little reckless around the rim. But he is playing active defense and hustling with max effort.

Sidenote: fellow player from the ATL and one time dunker on me, Malik Beasley looks good for the Nuggets.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think Trae shot 1 - 100 or so in his first game. I forget what his actual numbers were, but read that they were really bad, including a couple of airballs. Think he played better in second tilt

Bagley scored about 18 or 20 in first game. Second game he was complete non factor.

Rookies have to adjust to the league. Fingers crossed Trae will play well for the Hawks over time. We need to erase the memories of wasting top 5 picks on Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Jaren Jackson is the only rookie I've seen so far who didn't have a terrible shooting night. He scored around 28 against the Hawks

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yea. Once he got in the flow of the game and settled down he ended up haveing a pretty good night. Crazy seeing him on the floor wearing something other the Gold and White. I think I’m still trying to process he actually went pro and was drafted 20!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Josh doing exactly what his coach wants him to do. He’ll get a lot of play with Tibs cause he plays hard and is defense first. Actually could challenge Wiggins in a way.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
In very simple terms think of the restricted area as in the paint. Different but close enough. The basic points they are making is JO has excellent measurables and explosive skills for the NBA game and he will be able to be better in the NBA game if he can start exploding off of one foot which is assumed to be a half second faster than his current 2 foot jumping. With the wider spacing of the NBA game they are saying a quicker explosion with his measurables will greatly improve his shooting percentage when he drives to the basket. They are saying Donovan made the same improvement when he learned to explode off of one foot when he got to the NBA.

Overall this is a much too optimistic article and view of JO because we all know he was really only an average college player with no ability to get any better. :rolleyes:o_O

"

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Also can someone explain what this article is talking about? I stopped caring about basketball terminology outside of spectatorship when I was 12 and have no idea what the restricted zone or what type of jumps he’s talking about

Restricted area is the half circle around the rim that a charge can't be drawn in. The jump thing is jumping off one foot or two. A good one foot jumper is typically a more explosive player because he can jump quicker without having to gather himself.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In very simple terms think of the restricted area as in the paint. Different but close enough. The basic points they are making is JO has excellent measurables and explosive skills for the NBA game and he will be able to be better in the NBA game if he can start exploding off of one foot which is assumed to be a half second faster than his current 2 foot jumping. With the wider spacing of the NBA game they are saying a quicker explosion with his measurables will greatly improve his shooting percentage when he drives to the basket. They are saying Donovan made the same improvement when he learned to explode off of one foot when he got to the NBA.

Overall this is a much too optimistic article and view of JO because we all know he was really only an average college player with no ability to get any better. :rolleyes:o_O

"

That's a great post. You too, @lv20gt . Y'all should've told @JacketFromUGA to go back to UGA and take Harrick's basketball "class".