Official Offseason Uni Thread

Why can't Tech fans fill the stadium?

Maybe if we just painted the benches gold, all the empty seats at the games would be Tech Gold. @GT_05 is right, our priorities are skewed.
You and I are there for all, if not most games. I don't think either of us has any control on how many others attend, other than inviting friends. BUT, I always wear gold (or white for the white-out), and you only wear gold for the gold-out. SMDH

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Fact is, women prefer navy, so there will always be navy in the selection. I prefer the gold but do have a navy hoodie.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Wow.

I leave this thread for ONE DAY and you guys burn it down.

Anyway I've offered multiple solutions to those wanting more Gold on GameDay. One of those solutions was actually enacted by the AA by giving gold shirts to season ticket holders.

None of these Gameday Solutions will ever change the fact that the majority of Tech fans ain't gonna buy gold apparel to wear "out on the town" and some of you guys need to take off the blinders and realize you're being intentionally obtuse.

Wow.

Anyway I've offered multiple solutions to those wanting more Gold on GameDay. One of those solutions was actually enacted by the AA by giving gold shirts to season ticket holders.

None of these Gameday Solutions will ever change the fact that the majority of Tech fans ain't gonna buy gold apparel to wear "out on the town" and some of you guys need to take off the blinders and realize you're being intentionally obtuse.
Unfortunately, I know you are right there, but I will never buy any GT apparel that is predominantly blue. Just my taste. But I still think Gold should be worn to the games, regardless of what attire is worn the rest of the time.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You and I are there for all, if not most games. I don't think either of us has any control on how many others attend, other than inviting friends. BUT, I always wear gold (or white for the white-out), and you only wear gold for the gold-out. SMDH

Not true. I wear gold several games a year. I also wear navy sometimes. I have zero guilt over it.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Wow.

Why not wear gold on the town? Are they ashamed to be seen as GT fans. If so, shame on them. I proudly wear gold anywhere!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The bookstore told me they didn’t care what the AA did with Adidas. The bookstore was going to continue with UA, Nike, etc. I’m not sure they have the best info or understand how things work.

The uniform contract does not restrict other license holders from producing fan gear. The uniform contract with the athletic association does not restrict the bookstore, student associations, fans, retail stores(Target, Walmart), etc from selling other licensed fan gear. The uniform contract simply provides money, clothing, and gear to the athletic association for promotion and marketing purposes.

Say is ain't so!!!!!
Since AJ says the presence of the GT logo on his navy shirts makes them ok, and since there was no logo of any kind on my admittedly ugly jacket, it's a moot point. I only had it because it was slightly cool, and, as I have already said, nobody sells gold or even yellow Tech jackets. I might add that I also wore a gold Tech shirt and cap.