Official Offseason Uni Thread

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Just to make a comment. I recently graduated and I hate wearing gold. Navy and white look just so much better on most people. I own more gray GT clothing than gold GT clothing (I own a lot of Georgia tech stuff). And that’s not because of the lack of gold. I purposely skip out on getting gold things. Several of my friends were the same way at school. It seems like the players like navy, the young alumni like navy and the current students like navy. Makes sense why navy sells. Unfortunately I wish I had numbers to back up my statements.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Just to make a comment. I recently graduated and I hate wearing gold. Navy and white look just so much better on most people. I own more gray GT clothing than gold GT clothing (I own a lot of Georgia tech stuff). And that’s not because of the lack of gold. I purposely skip out on getting gold things. Several of my friends were the same way at school. It seems like the players like navy, the young alumni like navy and the current students like navy. Makes sense why navy sells. Unfortunately I wish I had numbers to back up my statements.
Lol

So you would prefer wearing the colors of UVA, ND, Navy, etc, etc than something in our ACTUAL PRIMARY school colors? Why do you even care what "looks better"? That's not the point. The point is to wear your SCHOOL COLORS, and that would mean the PRIMARY colors of Gold and White. I guess if you attended Clemson and didn't like wearing orange or Georgia and didn't like wearing red, you would choose what you think "looks better"?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So you would prefer wearing the colors of UVA, ND, Navy, etc, etc than something in our ACTUAL PRIMARY school colors? Why do you even care what "looks better"? That's not the point. The point is to wear your SCHOOL COLORS, and that would mean the PRIMARY colors of Gold and White. I guess if you attended Clemson and didn't like wearing orange or Georgia and didn't like wearing red, you would choose what you think "looks better"?

I’ve seen plenty of gray, black, pink, pink camouflage, and white UGA crap. Let’s get butts in the seats and then we can talk about your color palette preferences.

I think I’m going to start wearing navy just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen plenty of gray, black, pink, pink camouflage, and white UGA crap. Let’s get butts in the seats and then we can talk about your color palette preferences.

I think I’m going to start wearing navy just for you.

But when you go to a game in Athens (God forbid), you won't see anything but red and black. Why can't see see nothing but white and gold at a game in Atlanta?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I wear gold to the games that I go to for any Tech sport. However, I like my navy and white gear more which is what I wear most of the time. I think that everyone should wear gold or white to the games because the players really like seeing that, but other than that, as long as your repping GT, what does it matter?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
But when you go to a game in Athens (God forbid), you won't see anything but red and black. Why can't see see nothing but white and gold at a game in Atlanta?
fig1-the-multifactorial-nature-of-lameness.jpg

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

The red and white make it look pink to me. For real though, it looks like this was a GT game at the cesspool. You can barely make out the gold on the left side of the stadium. There would be contrast if everyone wore navy.

Yep, I’m calling for a blue out.

60c75a5d7e25bf286ba5b280775a72d4.jpg

Milwaukee

Banned
I am sure there are plenty of Clemson people who like blue clothing rather than orange clothing and even plenty of Georgia people who like blue clothing rather than red clothing, and similarly for other schools for which blue is either a secondary color or not an accepted part of the school color spectrum at all. BUT those people who MIGHT prefer blue or some "non-fading" (OMG) color material buy ugly-*** orange or red shirts, pants, hats, whatever because it identifies them with the school they support. Anybody who buys school gear because it "looks good on them" or doesn't buy it because it "doesn't look good" on them is obviously more concerned with how they look than with representing their school or favorite team. Tech is now and has been since the early 20th century identified by gold. In spite of occasional use in some uniforms, Tech has NEVER been identified with by any shade whatsoever of the color blue. We are the WHITE AND GOLD and the YELLOW JACKETS.

This makes absolutely zero sense, just an awful analogy. Neither UGA or Clemsons secondary color is navy blue.

I'm stepping away from this thread, my head is beginning to hurt.

The red and white make it look pink to me. For real though, it looks like this was a GT game at the cesspool. You can barely make out the gold on the left side of the stadium. There would be contrast if everyone wore navy.

Yep, I’m calling for a blue out.

60c75a5d7e25bf286ba5b280775a72d4.jpg

The blue would like like black, which is a Georgia color. The Gold doesn't stand out, because there are so few Tech fans there. The band certainly stands out in the picture, because they are in white

This makes absolutely zero sense, just an awful analogy. Neither UGA or Clemsons secondary color is navy blue.

I'm stepping away from this thread, my head is beginning to hurt.
The point I was making is that Clemson and Georgia fans wear their PRIMARY COLORS, not some secondary colors, whatever they might be. Why can't Tech fans wear PRIMARY colors to games?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member