Official Offseason Uni Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
For the record, I prefer navy. I've put it out there a hundred times on different threads. I prefer navy for many reasons. Unlike Gold and White, it doesn't stain easily. It looks a heck of a lot better with khakis at work. It's one of my favorite colors. These are just several reasons why I prefer navy. That being said, I own gold and white GT shirts that I wear to the games also. @Supersizethatorder-mutt gives me grief about my blue, but in reality, I don't buy my clothes to please you, him, or anyone else on these blogs. If we have a gold out, I wear gold. If we have a white out, I wear white, any other game, I wear whatever I feel like that day. If you have a problem with that, then that is YOUR problem.
Gold is a hard color to match with as far a a every day clothing.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
We're talking about a singular team here, not the entire apparel market. Blue is a SECONDARY color

Agreed, but I think you'd agree that the members of the fanbase are members of the entire apparel market, no?

I'm not arguing the fact that blue is a secondary color for GT. I think you're maybe missing the point.

The point is that, as a rule, people like blue clothing better than they like gold clothing. It's why they buy more if it. People like the color blue better than they like the color gold. Maybe it's because the sky is not gold, I don't know, but most human beings prefer to wear blue to gold.

Randomly, I'm wearing blue today. I own plenty of blue clothing. I own no gold clothing (the closest I come is khaki pants).

If more people like wearing blue than like wearing gold, a manufacturer is going to make more blue than gold, because they are in the business of selling shirts, not in the business of upholding traditions. If more people are going to buy blue shirts (and the evidence is that they will), then they are going to produce more blue shirts to sell.

One thing they're definitely NOT in the business of is making things to sit on racks, unsold.

Gold is a hard color to work with fabric wise. That’s part of the reason so much navy is and has been used for merchandise.
As far as non Tech fans go, we make it hard on ourselves to correctly market. People up here ask me all the time. “So, you’re the Yellow Jackets but wear gold and White? Aren’t bees black and yellow? And you’re also a Rambling Wreck l, which is a car that’s gold. Which one is it?” Lol
I try to explain the Yellow Jacket part but it doesn’t stick with most people.
Personally, I’m all for dropping navy and adding black as the 3rd color.
AMEN !!!!!!

Agreed, but I think you'd agree that the members of the fanbase are members of the entire apparel market, no?

I'm not arguing the fact that blue is a secondary color for GT. I think you're maybe missing the point.

The point is that, as a rule, people like blue clothing better than they like gold clothing. It's why they buy more if it. People like the color blue better than they like the color gold. Maybe it's because the sky is not gold, I don't know, but most human beings prefer to wear blue to gold.

Randomly, I'm wearing blue today. I own plenty of blue clothing. I own no gold clothing (the closest I come is khaki pants).

If more people like wearing blue than like wearing gold, a manufacturer is going to make more blue than gold, because they are in the business of selling shirts, not in the business of upholding traditions. If more people are going to buy blue shirts (and the evidence is that they will), then they are going to produce more blue shirts to sell.

One thing they're definitely NOT in the business of is making things to sit on racks, unsold.
I am sure there are plenty of Clemson people who like blue clothing rather than orange clothing and even plenty of Georgia people who like blue clothing rather than red clothing, and similarly for other schools for which blue is either a secondary color or not an accepted part of the school color spectrum at all. BUT those people who MIGHT prefer blue or some "non-fading" (OMG) color material buy ugly-*** orange or red shirts, pants, hats, whatever because it identifies them with the school they support. Anybody who buys school gear because it "looks good on them" or doesn't buy it because it "doesn't look good" on them is obviously more concerned with how they look than with representing their school or favorite team. Tech is now and has been since the early 20th century identified by gold. In spite of occasional use in some uniforms, Tech has NEVER been identified with by any shade whatsoever of the color blue. We are the WHITE AND GOLD and the YELLOW JACKETS.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I enjoy this GT message boards over the others because people are much more reasonable and positive than the other ones. This thread is really testing that theory.

Facts:
1) Adidas is going to produce more gold options than have been available in the past.
2) There will also be items in other colors.
3) GT will be using different combinations of white, gold and blue for sideline and uniforms.
4) No fan is forced to buy or wear anything. People can choose what they like the most. (I'm looking forward to wearing my gold season ticket holder shirt to games, I'll wear a blue polo in the office on Fridays.)

Let's spend the rest of the week enjoying our friends, family and Yellow Jackets!

I enjoy this GT message boards over the others because people are much more reasonable and positive than the other ones. This thread is really testing that theory.

Facts:
1) Adidas is going to produce more gold options than have been available in the past.
2) There will also be items in other colors.
3) GT will be using different combinations of white, gold and blue for sideline and uniforms.
4) No fan is forced to buy or wear anything. People can choose what they like the most. (I'm looking forward to wearing my gold season ticket holder shirt to games, I'll wear a blue polo in the office on Fridays.)

Let's spend the rest of the week enjoying our friends, family and Yellow Jackets!
Even though I do not own a blue GT shirt, I would say you are fine in wearing that to the office, not that you really need my approval....LOL But to wear a blue GT shirt to a game....ANY GAME....is just absurd. To say blue looks better on you or that gold fades is IMO just about the prissiest excuse I have ever heard. As far as I am concerned, other than the pre-designated white out game, EVERY game should be a gold out game.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Even though I do not own a blue GT shirt, I would say you are fine in wearing that to the office, not that you really need my approval....LOL But to wear a blue GT shirt to a game....ANY GAME....is just absurd. To say blue looks better on you or that gold fades is IMO just about the prissiest excuse I have ever heard. As far as I am concerned, other than the pre-designated white out game, EVERY game should be a gold out game.
Again, though, gold is lame.

Blue is just a better-looking color, especially combined with orange

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Again, though, gold is lame.

Blue is just a better-looking color, especially combined with orange

Can't agree more. That's why the Coast Guard Academy wears them. :D:D:D

TAKEFIELD926_main_rotator.jpg

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's been along off season and it' still a way off. I'll bet no one on here changes their mind about this subject.
I like beef tacos hard shell . Not any cares but it can give us something else to argue over.