Official Offseason Uni Thread

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The uniform contract does not restrict other license holders from producing fan gear. The uniform contract with the athletic association does not restrict the bookstore, student associations, fans, retail stores(Target, Walmart), etc from selling other licensed fan gear. The uniform contract simply provides money, clothing, and gear to the athletic association for promotion and marketing purposes.
... and as stated earlier in this thread, "deems da facts".

Adidas, or any other licensed entity, can use old gold, GT Gold, yellow, sunshine gold , etc. to make stuff to wear for the public. But for GTAA it'll be Tech Gold, whether as a number or stripes on a white or navy uniform, etc.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Some of you guys just won't do the slightest thing to support what our athletic association is trying to accomplish. I will buy nothing but Adidas from here forward and plan to give my old stuff to Good Will. The resistance to go along with the program is a huge factor in where our program is at this point. While you are pointing the finger at our coaches, also look at the mirror.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Some of you guys just won't do the slightest thing to support what our athletic association is trying to accomplish. I will buy nothing but Adidas from here forward and plan to give my old stuff to Good Will. The resistance to go along with the program is a huge factor in where our program is at this point. While you are pointing the finger at our coaches, also look at the mirror.

I know in am probably in the minority here, but I don't think the fans (at least those interested enough to read/post/lurk on these types of internet forums) who type and voice their opinions are the disease. I think they are symptoms of a disease created by years of mismanagement and neglect by the GTAA. I know of no other school who struggles to get such simple things as uniforms and colors right. I would like to own a few GT polos and golf shirts but I have struggled over the years to find nice merchandise in appropriate colors, either in our own bookstore or off campus. I just gave my last one to Goodwill as it wore out. I must have had it for 15 years. I have been in bookstores at other campuses over the years. Getting nice clothing in appropriate colors doesn't appear to be an issue anywhere else but GT. Why? I say the root cause is management incompetence (above the level of coaches) over the years. I think we are all united in the hope (and belief) that our new AD is competent and fix some of these systemic issues, which in turn will raise the ship for all of our individual coaches.

I also think the length and duration of this thread supports my hypothesis. I would find it difficult to believe that there is a 37 page thread on the topic on the Boston College or Ohio State or UCLA (or pick one) sports message board. (But I could be wrong).

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The juxtaposition of this message board's reaction to uni changes and current/former GT athletes' reaction is hilarious... and sad.

Bring on the chrome/navy/bubble wrap, baby!