Official Offseason Uni Thread

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
This commit of ours tweeted this photo with an Adidas jersey in the locker room yesterday..

and then there's one with a gold number here:

Have I just missed these?

These uniforms have the same design as the mockups that adidas made in spring. The AA probably used the mockups to make personized offer letters for the recruits.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm thinking they are the same Adidas uniforms they used at the ACC media days. Just Adidas mock up of old jerseys.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I will say I found out Adidas was not even allowed to start producing any gear until after July 1st. It was a legal agreement with Russell I suppose.

I keep reading this here, but then remember that Adidas was selling GT shirts at the spring game and they’ve had that shirt available online since then. Something doesn’t add up here, especially since we’ve never prevented other manufacturers besides Russell from making gear during the contract - case in point the sweet UA and Nike GT gear in my closet.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I keep reading this here, but then remember that Adidas was selling GT shirts at the spring game and they’ve had that shirt available online since then. Something doesn’t add up here, especially since we’ve never prevented other manufacturers besides Russell from making gear during the contract - case in point the sweet UA and Nike GT gear in my closet.

For sure! There are two possibilities. After deciding on a brand, they possibly could of been put on a restrictive creative agreement with said brand. Put on by Russell.

Or, they mean legitimately the GEAR, like for players and coaches.

They possibly could of been prohibited from having input on designs with another brand the whole time. (How we have so many colors.) Some of the UA stuff use completely different shades of gold than the Nike stuff.

This is why I whole heartedly want all merchandise to have to go through Adidas to be approved. We need not only a nice brand to sign with, but a whole "Brand/image" manager.

Milwaukee

Banned
For sure! There are two possibilities. After deciding on a brand, they possibly could of been put on a restrictive creative agreement with said brand. Put on by Russell.

Or, they mean legitimately the GEAR, like for players and coaches.

They possibly could of been prohibited from having input on designs with another brand the whole time. (How we have so many colors.) Some of the UA stuff use completely different shades of gold than the Nike stuff.

This is why I whole heartedly want all merchandise to have to go through Adidas to be approved. We need not only a nice brand to sign with, but a whole "Brand/image" manager.

Not a chance. Nike makes great Tech gear, their Gold is perfect. Champion makes great gear for us as well. They will continue to operate free and clear as they should. I'm just glad we have Adidas now as the primary instead of Russell. Adidas is gonna give us some sweet apparel.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Not a chance. Nike makes great Tech gear, their Gold is perfect. Champion makes great gear for us as well. They will continue to operate free and clear as they should. I'm just glad we have Adidas now as the primary instead of Russell. Adidas is gonna give us some sweet apparel.

Agreed, no way should we or Adidas try to restrict other companies from making GT gear. I have a feeling the Tech Gold color (or at least very similar shades) is going to start to standardize across the other gear though as Tech pushes that as the official color.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Agreed, no way should we or Adidas try to restrict other companies from making GT gear. I have a feeling the Tech Gold color (or at least very similar shades) is going to start to standardize across the other gear though as Tech pushes that as the official color.

That's really all I want is all merchandise to pass a form of inspection before the license is released to the other company. Either it be GT or Adidas do it, I tend to trust Adidas more than tech to make the right decision.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
21A1FB05-61A6-44EF-9607-3B46C7A9421B.jpeg
Who else could make me run through a wall for a shoe company
It’s gotta be the shoes!

You have to be in your late 30’s early 40’s to know about this!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
GT should have a corporate identity department or team. It is their job to set design parameters for any manufacturer of GT apparel as well as any other application of graphic design. It is also their job to make sure that all manufacturers are in compliance with these parameters.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’m anxious to see what adidas will roll out for the new unis. I can’t imagine what could possibly be done to be new yet still keep the clean, traditional look. But then again, I can’t imagine anything different than what Russell has put out lol. I hope I’m impressed

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I’m anxious to see what adidas will roll out for the new unis. I can’t imagine what could possibly be done to be new yet still keep the clean, traditional look. But then again, I can’t imagine anything different than what Russell has put out lol. I hope I’m impressed
My guess is it’ll look almost exactly like the Russell stuff but will have an Adidas logo instead. And then people will go nuts like it’s some great new design.