Official Offseason Uni Thread

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My guess is it’ll look almost exactly like the Russell stuff but will have an Adidas logo instead. And then people will go nuts like it’s some great new design.
Well the fit will hopefully be WAY better and hoping for no more yellow looking uniforms instead of gold lol. I think the white will look really similar.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My guess is it’ll look almost exactly like the Russell stuff but will have an Adidas logo instead. And then people will go nuts like it’s some great new design.

Sadly I'm thinking the same.

I'd love to see the wramblin wreck on some of the uniforms. I'd love an all gold uniform. I'd love some jerseys with a play on our mascot, and features of the school. Could you imagine a helmet with THWG on the side instead of GT?!?!?!?! Or at least on the sleeves???

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Even if it looks like Russell, a lot of folks complained about the Russell provided gear and fabric. I think Shaq Mason said something a few years ago that the quality of jerseys we used were worse than he had in high school. We're going to likely see an improvement in materials with our switch to adidas, which should provide better comfort, feel, and possibly performance (remember Justin Thomas struggling to keep his pants up on a big run?).

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Even if it looks like Russell, a lot of folks complained about the Russell provided gear and fabric. I think Shaq Mason said something a few years ago that the quality of jerseys we used were worse than he had in high school. We're going to likely see an improvement in materials with our switch to adidas, which should provide better comfort, feel, and possibly performance (remember Justin Thomas struggling to keep his pants up on a big run?).
Thought he got a thigh cramp lol

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah that was an injury not his pants falling down hahaha

He actually said after the game that the pants leg was coming down over his knee and he wanted his uniform to look good for the cameras on his big run IIRC.

Also: maybe a teaser for an impending (sooner than later) uniform reveal??

Video of new practice unis:

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Looks like something was just accidentally posted on the GT football instagram. Was a six second video of the bottom half of the uniform if it's still up, is now deleted for me.

Edit: Looks like its up on twitter

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
He actually said after the game that the pants leg was coming down over his knee and he wanted his uniform to look good for the cameras on his big run IIRC.

Also: maybe a teaser for an impending (sooner than later) uniform reveal??

Video of new practice unis:

Looks like it's gonna be GWG once again

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve noticed on a few players social media account that a few said, “taking a break from social media for a while. Gotta focus on camp”

Since several said the same thing I think that the coaches/administration is trying to make sure someone doesn’t leak anything. Similar to the white helmets that made it out a day or two early a few seasons ago.

That being said I think the uniform will look very much like the R jerseys from the past season. Which I’m fine with. I’m hoping for maybe one alternate uniform just for fun.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’ve noticed on a few players social media account that a few said, “taking a break from social media for a while. Gotta focus on camp”

Since several said the same thing I think that the coaches/administration is trying to make sure someone doesn’t leak anything. Similar to the white helmets that made it out a day or two early a few seasons ago.

That being said I think the uniform will look very much like the R jerseys from the past season. Which I’m fine with. I’m hoping for maybe one alternate uniform just for fun.
Could be, but I’ve noticed a large amount of players across the country doing that, everyone wants to be like LeBron and his Zero Dark 23 mode.