Official Offseason Uni Thread

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I like how we've got people on here saying to accept more blue. We literally just came out as a program and said WHITE AND GOLD are the main colors and navy is an accent color. So yes it is ridiculous how much navy is being pushed
I guess the question is: is it being pushed, or is it being pulled?

You and Supersize seem to think it's a supply issue. Some other folks think it's a demand issue.

Now, I'm not some free market acolyte who thinks smiths invisible hand ALWAYS finds the right mix, buuuuttttt....

1) http://www.theadairgroup.com/blog/2012/01/09/the-5-most-popular-t-shirt-colors-are/ (cliffs notes: 3 most popular in order White, Black, Navy)
2) https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-most-popular-color-in-the-157991 (hint: it's not Gold)

It's not that people have to ACCEPT more blue, it's that people WANT more blue.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I like how we've got people on here saying to accept more blue. We literally just came out as a program and said WHITE AND GOLD are the main colors and navy is an accent color. So yes it is ridiculous how much navy is being pushed

No one is pushing navy. People line up to buy navy without much effort at all on the part of the suppliers. What you are asking is for the GTAA and Adidas to push gold, which indicates its lack of popularity as a color choice for apparel.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

You and Supersize seem to think it's a supply issue. Some other folks think it's a demand issue.

Now, I'm not some free market acolyte who thinks smiths invisible hand ALWAYS finds the right mix, buuuuttttt....

1) http://www.theadairgroup.com/blog/2012/01/09/the-5-most-popular-t-shirt-colors-are/ (cliffs notes: 3 most popular in order White, Black, Navy)
2) https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-most-popular-color-in-the-157991 (hint: it's not Gold)

I've never met a GT in my life that has demanded navy blue. I've met plenty that demand gold. I think the real reason why there is more blue is because its cheaper and easier to produce

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
No one is pushing navy. People line up to buy navy without much effort at all on the part of the suppliers. What you are asking is for the GTAA and Adidas to push gold, which indicates its lack of popularity as a color choice for apparel.
Not true at all

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
th.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

We're talking about a singular team here, not the entire apparel market. Blue is a SECONDARY color

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You're a great example of it

Ah, out comes the ad hominem attacks. A sure sign you're losing the debate. Instead of using, you know, ACTUAL FACTS AND STATISTICS, you instead keep up the running diatribe based on faulty anecdotal evidence and opinion. But hey, keep it up. You're just going to continue to be disappointed at how much navy keeps showing up. This move to Adidas will not change that, and the Hill and the GTAA aren't going to force it, because they understand it's better to have fans buy gear regardless of color than to gripe over what color they are choosing.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Ah, out comes the ad hominem attacks. A sure sign you're losing the debate. Instead of using, you know, ACTUAL FACTS AND STATISTICS, you instead keep up the running diatribe based on faulty anecdotal evidence and opinion. But hey, keep it up. You're just going to continue to be disappointed at how much navy keeps showing up. This move to Adidas will not change that, and the Hill and the GTAA aren't going to force it, because they understand it's better to have fans buy gear regardless of color than to gripe over what color they are choosing.
You want an actual fact? Navy blue is an accent color for us!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Nobody is lining up to buy navy blue. It's just easier and cheaper to make than gold. That's why there is so much of it. And like i said before I've never met a GT fan that demanded navy gear

For the record, I prefer navy. I've put it out there a hundred times on different threads. I prefer navy for many reasons. Unlike Gold and White, it doesn't stain easily. It looks a heck of a lot better with khakis at work. It's one of my favorite colors. These are just several reasons why I prefer navy. That being said, I own gold and white GT shirts that I wear to the games also. @Supersizethatorder-mutt gives me grief about my blue, but in reality, I don't buy my clothes to please you, him, or anyone else on these blogs. If we have a gold out, I wear gold. If we have a white out, I wear white, any other game, I wear whatever I feel like that day. If you have a problem with that, then that is YOUR problem.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Gold is a hard color to work with fabric wise. That’s part of the reason so much navy is and has been used for merchandise.
As far as non Tech fans go, we make it hard on ourselves to correctly market. People up here ask me all the time. “So, you’re the Yellow Jackets but wear gold and White? Aren’t bees black and yellow? And you’re also a Rambling Wreck l, which is a car that’s gold. Which one is it?” Lol
I try to explain the Yellow Jacket part but it doesn’t stick with most people.
Personally, I’m all for dropping navy and adding black as the 3rd color.