Official Offseason Uni Thread

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Good start for McCann (10 HR's in 4 minutes), but, no surprise here, I'm not wild about his uniform. Not just because of the blue, but I don't think it's a very good looking uniform.
I like it except for the white on the back above the numbers. I really want Adidas to make a jersey similar to the gold one that the team wore on Friday games this year. Those were sleek.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
If this is the best we can expect from Adidas, we're screwed.
Oh how quickly you forget.

louisvilleuni3.0.0.jpg

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
How do you know the athletes like blue? Has that been documented anywhere? The football players also like the honeycombs, so frankly, I'm not overwhelmed by what they like.

One of my HS classmates has a son on the team. I was chatting with him about the Adidas change the other day, and he said that the players love the new uniforms, but hate losing the honeycomb helmet as an option. He also said they absolutely love the navy uniforms. His words, as someone who wasn't a GT fan until his son got a scholarship, was that our fan base seems more concerned about the color of the jerseys than putting butts in seats. Can't say I disagree with him,

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The bookstore told me they didn’t care what the AA did with Adidas. The bookstore was going to continue with UA, Nike, etc. I’m not sure they have the best info or understand how things work.

I'm pretty sure they know exactly how things work. Nike and UA sell well, so as long as it makes a profit, it will get shelf space. Adidas is only signed up to be the uniform provider, not the sole provider of all GT merchandise...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Here's a response from someone close to the situation:

Respectively, whoever gave you that information has some really bad sources. The bookstore has been working closely with adidas and ordered about a million dollars worth of product. Adidas will have a prominent and dominant presence in bookstore. That'll happen over the course of July as shipments arrive and they turn over the store for new school year.

The only reason we have blue apparel is Paul Johnson? Unless he has a time machine and made it one of the three official school colors in 1891, that is patently false. There is not a head coach in the country with the power to dictate retail decisions. Across the board (not just GT), blue is the best-selling color for apparel makers. Go to Target, Macy's, Walmart, Nordstrom, etc., and you're likely to see more blue than any other color. There's a demand, so they are going to supply it. It's a business.

Coach Johnson wears blue (like he did when winning a lot of games at Georgia Southern and Navy) to be spotted easily by officials and players on the sideline. You'll notice that defensive coaches calling plays also wear an alternate color.

Tell your friends that there will be a ton of choices for apparel over the next few years (not everything will come out this month), and people won't be happy with every single item, I bet there will be items that will make them happy. Buy those!

Way too much logic for a uni thread...