Official Offseason Uni Thread

Milwaukee

Banned
Here's a response from someone close to the situation:

Respectively, whoever gave you that information has some really bad sources. The bookstore has been working closely with adidas and ordered about a million dollars worth of product. Adidas will have a prominent and dominant presence in bookstore. That'll happen over the course of July as shipments arrive and they turn over the store for new school year.

The only reason we have blue apparel is Paul Johnson? Unless he has a time machine and made it one of the three official school colors in 1891, that is patently false. There is not a head coach in the country with the power to dictate retail decisions. Across the board (not just GT), blue is the best-selling color for apparel makers. Go to Target, Macy's, Walmart, Nordstrom, etc., and you're likely to see more blue than any other color. There's a demand, so they are going to supply it. It's a business.

Coach Johnson wears blue (like he did when winning a lot of games at Georgia Southern and Navy) to be spotted easily by officials and players on the sideline. You'll notice that defensive coaches calling plays also wear an alternate color.

Tell your friends that there will be a ton of choices for apparel over the next few years (not everything will come out this month), and people won't be happy with every single item, I bet there will be items that will make them happy. Buy those!

Great post.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
When am I going to see some GT adidas gear in Targets, Walmarts, Dicks Sporting, etc. in Cobb County? Hopefully by this fall.
The AJC article said stuff ships this week, so probably mid-July before it's on shelves. My guess is that you'll see it at Dicks, Academy and Hibbets in Cobb, since Target and Walmart tend not to carry licensed stuff from official apparel provider (don't see Nike UGA stuff in those places).

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
The AJC article said stuff ships this week, so probably mid-July before it's on shelves. My guess is that you'll see it at Dicks, Academy and Hibbets in Cobb, since Target and Walmart tend not to carry licensed stuff from official apparel provider (don't see Nike UGA stuff in those places).
Thanks. I'll definitely be on the lookout.

I think we can all be honest and admit that white and gold together without at least a blue accent are lame and wash together on camera, so whether it's black or blue, gt needs a dark contrasting color if only to make numbers pop and such.
That's a no-brainer. I have no problem with accent colors, although I would vastly prefer black to blue. The problem I have is the preponderance of all blue, or mostly blue uniforms and merchandise. After all, it's "Up with the White and Gold," not "Up with the Blue and (fill in the blank)"

Here's a response from someone close to the situation:

Respectively, whoever gave you that information has some really bad sources. The bookstore has been working closely with adidas and ordered about a million dollars worth of product. Adidas will have a prominent and dominant presence in bookstore. That'll happen over the course of July as shipments arrive and they turn over the store for new school year.

The only reason we have blue apparel is Paul Johnson? Unless he has a time machine and made it one of the three official school colors in 1891, that is patently false. There is not a head coach in the country with the power to dictate retail decisions. Across the board (not just GT), blue is the best-selling color for apparel makers. Go to Target, Macy's, Walmart, Nordstrom, etc., and you're likely to see more blue than any other color. There's a demand, so they are going to supply it. It's a business.

Coach Johnson wears blue (like he did when winning a lot of games at Georgia Southern and Navy) to be spotted easily by officials and players on the sideline. You'll notice that defensive coaches calling plays also wear an alternate color.

Tell your friends that there will be a ton of choices for apparel over the next few years (not everything will come out this month), and people won't be happy with every single item, I bet there will be items that will make them happy. Buy those!
Across the board (not just GT), blue is the best-selling color for apparel makers. Go to Target, Macy's, Walmart, Nordstrom, etc., and you're likely to see more blue than any other color. There's a demand, so they are going to supply it. It's a business.
It's easy for blue to be the best selling color, when that's the only one available. I would bet that if the majority of the goods available were gold or white,they would sell equally as much as the blue monopoly does now.

CPJ wears blue to be seen by the players. If you look at CAM, he always wears the ugliest yellow shirt in order to be seen by the defensive players when he makes the calls.
That might be true, but have you ever seen him in anything other than blue outside the stadium? Other than something like a suit, of course. He wears those same ugly blue polo shirts in mid-week press conferences too.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
For unknown reasons, CPJ has always worn blue shirts. Ticks me off that he does, but I still love him as our coach.
It's not unknown. He's stated many many times that he wears a distibctly different color from the players when he's on the sideline so that he is easy to spot by the players and officials. Coaches at other schools do the same thing.

It's not unknown. He's stated many many times that he wears a distibctly different color from the players when he's on the sideline so that he is easy to spot by the players and officials. Coaches at other schools do the same thing.
Except that he wore blue in the Orange Bowl, where the players also wore blue. Nothing distinctly different there.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Except that he wore blue in the Orange Bowl, where the players also wore blue. Nothing distinctly different there.
If you had won 10 games (and 180+ in your career) wearing a blue polo, wouldn't you keep wearing it?

Not sure why what he wears matters to you. He'll wear what he wants, and you can wear what you want. #America

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Hopefully we will get more space at these stores. The GT gear is usually somewhere in a small corner behind the UGA crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Gotta buy more and convince other people to buy more

Yes, I agree but I’m hoping they will provide a little more space for the Adidas kickoff. If they don’t, it will be missed by those that aren’t looking behind the UGA crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Of course blue is the best selling color. It has the most quantity. Everyone I know and have talked to went crazy for the new GOLD shirt that was available, not the blue.