Official Offseason Thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I would replace the Summers TD with the 4th down throw to Stewart to keep our last drive alive against Free Shoes.
That's a good one, but the play where JT hit Jeune on a 30 yard rope out of his own endzone while avoiding a safety was better. That play set up the JT td run a play or two later.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
From the FTRS article -
"Georgia Tech came in #4 on the “worst uniforms” prompt, behind Alabama, Penn State, and Maryland (which was also tied for fourth on ‘best uniforms’)."

If Alabama has worse uniforms than GT, how is it possible for them to recruit so well?

4 National Titles in 8 years

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The write up on the Florida State quarterback made no sense to me in that not one positive thing about him was stated. He is a redshirt freshman with no game experience that would likely be their backup quarterback had McGwire not been injured. To rank him above JeT is ludicrous.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Trubiski is legit and has plenty of experience to judge from. Watson is obvious number one. I don't think Kaaya or Jackson are better than JT, but I won't begrudge anyone that especially relative to team performance last year. Francois is the biggest gaffe there. High ceiling, but JT is the clear proven commodity.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Trubiski is legit and has plenty of experience to judge from. Watson is obvious number one. I don't think Kaaya or Jackson are better than JT, but I won't begrudge anyone that especially relative to team performance last year. Francois is the biggest gaffe there. High ceiling, but JT is the clear proven commodity.

I'll play devil's advocate. 2014 JT had two rx's 60% of his completions make NFL rosters. The case could be made that they made him look better than he was. Last year, he looked like he needed the help. I wasn't impressed with his passing in the Spring game at all.

The fact is that 2014 JT (with the support of Smelter, Waller and Hill) had a great season, but it remains to be seen if he can have those kind of results with a new cast around him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'll play devil' advocate to that and say Watson wouldn't have had his success last year if paired with our line troubles, fairly green pass targets, and player turnover due to injuries. You make a legitimate point though.

Last year was a hot mess with troubles in a variety of areas on O that created a perfect storm of inconsistency. All of that led to JT pressing too much and I don't think he handled the pressure as good as he could have. I feel pretty confident all of the above will be much improved this year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I'll play devil' advocate to that and say Watson wouldn't have had his success last year if paired with our line troubles, fairly green pass targets, and player turnover due to injuries. You make a legitimate point though.

Last year was a hot mess with troubles in a variety of areas on O that created a perfect storm of inconsistency. All of that led to JT pressing too much and I don't think he handled the pressure as good as he could have. I feel pretty confident all of the above will be much improved this year.

Phil Steele MAG LAST yr had our OL #!! They couldn't have fallen that far ?so the backs and WRs really melted.There is blood in the water to DEF coaches on our Off until we prove we can execute.JT will struggle to get out of 6th if things don't improve a bunch.