Official Offseason Thread

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
With all the speculations re: Tech's financial situation, I wonder if Drad would speak out if asked. I'm sure he could put his finger on the problems and tell us exactly why they exist. It won't happen, but I'll bet he could name , names. I do believe he was OK with being Tech's AD , but something happened and he said "I don't need this BS" and went looking for another school. JMO.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why do we care at all where JT (or anybody else for that matter) is ranked in the eyes of the media? They are sooooooo accurate historically. Give me a break. The season will play out regardless of where anybody is ranked.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Phil Steele MAG LAST yr had our OL #!! They couldn't have fallen that far ?so the backs and WRs really melted.There is blood in the water to DEF coaches on our Off until we prove we can execute.JT will struggle to get out of 6th if things don't improve a bunch.
There are several guys on this board that I follo that I think know a lot more about football than Phil Steel does. Having said that our Oline didn't play as well as I thought it would preseason 15. I think we know now some of the reasons why. I also don't think the line was our sole problem last year. It was inconsistent at different times at different positions. When the line did work adequately there were times we broke down in other areas, dropped passes etc. All of which goes back to my take of a perfect storm of inconsistency, which again I do not think will be repeated.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Not Tech-related, just a little something to help tide us over until the date in Ireland. Here's an interesting article for Xs & Os fanatics, and folks interested in unorthodox schemes -- an article from last December about the Celina HS (TX) vaunted 10-1 defense (which, yes, has been modified over the years to confront evolving offenses): http://www.heralddemocrat.com/sports/line-doom-10-1-defense-staple-celina-s-success

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
For those of us who can't see it; what is it?

5 of Tech's top plays in the ACC since CPJ got here. The FSU win when Cooper Taylor knocked the ball loose at the goal line, Josh's strip of the FSU player after the fumble, Tech win vs Va Tech when Va Tech was ranked in the top 5, the block/return against FSU last year and JeT pass to beat Ga Southern.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

It's funny seeing 3 plays against FSU in there (actually 4 shown, they showed 2 plays for the 2009 game, even though there were probably 4-5 more spectacular plays from that game that could have made the cut too) considering we don't play them that often. We always seem to play some of our best games against them.