Official Offseason Thread

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
The Rec center is really nice- the football players take advantage of it-- the great thing is you can take a stinger bus if you want, but? Actually can just stroll over in an easy walk thru some nice trees and a breeze- Let the factories try and build that!!!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
FYI , everything the football team has, the reg student body has. Before the football team can build a bowling alley, they have to build one for the students. Most of the really cool stuff for " RAS" is there because of Athletics. Last time I drove over to GT they have a really nice Rec center... Oh and a bowling alley.
If the student body has these things then the football players don't need "their own." Unless football players really aren't part of the student body, which is what it looks like Clemson is working toward.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
11885275_414486315418233_8296057171653447312_n.jpg

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
If the student body has these things then the football players don't need "their own." Unless football players really aren't part of the student body, which is what it looks like Clemson is working toward.
Yeah but no matter what time you go to the CRC there's a guaranteed wait for a bench or squat rack to open up.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why but I have never been at all interested in a series with South Florida. No glamor, no upside, lots of downside. Just me.
They play USF, so that I have can have a home game!!!!!!! (y) I like this game better than the Tulane game, if for nothing else, recruiting

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
David Hale's ACC Mailbag

One team from the bottom half of the preseason poll who will contend for their division's title.

@DavidHaleESPN: Based on our latest power rankings (which, by the way, will be updated next week), the bottom half would include: Duke, Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia, Wake Forest, Boston College and Wake Forest. I think we can safely eliminate the Atlantic Division teams because the top half of that division is just too good. So that leaves us with Duke, Georgia Tech and Virginia. Of that group, I'd lean toward the Yellow Jackets. They have a star at QB in Justin Thomas, they're due for a regression to the mean when it comes to injuries, they have a lot of young talent that got playing time last season, and Paul Johnson seems to do his best work when the outsiders are doubting him the most. Having said that, I'd expect Virginia to be improved this year, and Duke may be the biggest wild card in the ACC.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...rts-russell-athletic-under-armour-nike-adidas

Georgia Tech’s poor branding damages its recruiting efforts as much as anything
"Back in May, Pick Six Previews surveyed 100 uncommitted sophomore and junior high school football players on their opinions on uniforms. When prompted with “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team,” 72 recruits responded “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while only 11 responded “Very False”. Some other results were:

• When prompted with “A school’s uniform will impact my college decision,” 55 recruits responded with “Moderately False” or “Very False”, while 33 recruits responded with “Moderately True” or “Very True”. (There was also the option to respond with N/A, which in this case included 12 athletes.)
  • The recruits were asked to rate the four major providing brands on how “cool” they were. The averages were: Nike (9.5), Adidas (8.1), Under Armour (7.9), and Russell Athletic (2.9)."

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
GT gets new uniforms every year. Just because half the fan base wants something "fresh" and the other half wants "traditional" doesn't mean that they're not trying to accomodate. The problem is they typically try to accomodate both and end up pissing of both sides. I don't think it's Russell's fault the older crowd dislike the uniforms so much. As I've heard it, the players like the "chicken wire/bubble wrap" uniforms. to be honest, I really don't care what they wear.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
"Back in May, Pick Six Previews surveyed 100 uncommitted sophomore and junior high school football players on their opinions on uniforms. When prompted with “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team,” 72 recruits responded “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while only 11 responded “Very False”. Some other results were:

• When prompted with “A school’s uniform will impact my college decision,” 55 recruits responded with “Moderately False” or “Very False”, while 33 recruits responded with “Moderately True” or “Very True”. (There was also the option to respond with N/A, which in this case included 12 athletes.)
  • The recruits were asked to rate the four major providing brands on how “cool” they were. The averages were: Nike (9.5), Adidas (8.1), Under Armour (7.9), and Russell Athletic (2.9)."
How many of those 100 are guys will ever swim in our prospect pool? Rhetorical, I know. But still, my point is that if a study does not include subjects that apply to your basic question, what good is it? We fish for kids who not only must have academics as a priority, but the priority. We fish for kids who have a serious eye on their future after football, who care about the 40 yr plan. How many of those 100 kids, sophs and jrs in hs no less, satisfy those two basic constraints?