Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

Animal02

Banned
Any who, I think this has the potential to work out very well in GT favor. The GTAA MUST NOT screw this up with the STH. If it is a smooth transition from our seats at BDS to MBS, and we get the majority of the income, and we WIN, this will be a great thing for our future. I know this decision wasn't a kneejerk thing, so I'm putting faith in CGC and ADTS that they got our best interests in mind when doing this.
IMO.......the potential to turn out badly outweighs any potential gain.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Someone please explain to me why you think we get more exposure from this than a game at Bobby Dodd.

People going to tune in just because it’s at MBS?
Because a night game on ESPN is more exposure than a 3pm game on ESPNU. These games aren’t guaranteed night games at BDS because uGA isn’t even a guaranteed night game when it’s at BDS.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
GT fans haven't been consistently buying tickets to games regardless of opponent for as long as I can remember. We've had pockets, but we're still a historically cheap and relatively fickle fan base. The posters on this board don't fall into this category, but many other do.

We do, however, expect winning seasons, coastal titles, and beating UGA. I know the limitations we have in alumni size and a generally dispersed fan base, but we still haven't shown a huge commitment, particularly with our wallets.

We get a new AD who shows great investment in the program - a new coach, facilities, and branding to make a few. He then thinks of a creative way to increase revenue AT NO COST TO FANS while using that same strategy to tap into our new recruiting and branding efforts, yet many fans act like we're giving all our tickets away to the visitors and forfeiting.

I'm disappointed that at least one ND game won't be at Bobby Dodd, but I really can't fault our Athletic Department for the move. They thought of a creative way to solve huge revenue problems and keep GT in the national conversation. Win win in my book.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It’s all about money and recruiting. Maybe if we made BDS a better environment as fans the AD wouldn’t have felt he needed to make this move.

If BDS had about 25,000 more seats, I doubt the move would have been considered. Nice to move a few games there that have the potential to attract a lot more fans than BDS can hold.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
All big games at BDS are neutral games anyway, we get taken over by opposing fans for the big games. I was pleasantly surprised by our turnout vs Tennessee at MBS.

This is awesome work by TStan and Geoff.
All these complainers are going to really go nuts when we become relevant in football.
They wont get to go on stub hub and get 4 tickets for 80$ Then after first quarter move over into the good seats.

The gt alumni in the ATL area are going to have to step up attendance.

I love playing ND anywhere. Great recruiting advantage over rest of acc.
Also they draw top TV time slot.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
It’s a winner.

Got to build up the Georgia Tech Football brand by playing one game each year in prime time in a major sports venue in Atlanta, Georgia Tech’s hometown. Check

Make lots more money each year to build and maintain the Georgia Tech Football brand. Check

Get more high school football kids and coaches across the Nation talking about Georgia Tech football and watching Georgia Tech football team in prime time on the tube. Check