Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

IMO the parking situation is actually better downtown then midtown, but I guess that depends on how good your current setup is at GT.

One of the perks of MBS is whoever is hosting the event will feel like the home team, this was one of the selling points when the stadium first opened. There are no Falcons or United banners hanging around, everything is electronic so the venue changes based on who/what is hosting.
We shall see. Since this will be the first regular season game played there, nothing is guaranteed

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am okay with this. At least it will only be one game a year. It appears season ticket holders will receive priority seating at MB for 4/5 of the games, so that’s good . Will miss the awesome sight lines from the third row in the upper east. Hopefully the ‘21, ‘23 games will be September games and give us relief from
heat (disadvantage of upper east).
Though I absolutely love watching games at HGF@BDS, l believe this can boost our brand and help the GTAA financially. SO LET’S DO IT! GO JACKETS!

Animal02

Banned
We get a guaranteed high profile game in MBS and we whine? We are an odd bunch.

Hey hot off the press: you can’t be a top team without playing hard games on prime time.

I’m sick of Gardner Webb, etc and would rather play these high interest games and lose than win a 70-7 shootout against some team I need to google to even figure out where they’re from. We don’t play in the SEC and should not have an SEC schedule.
If they would have said they were dropping the FCS game and playing there against a name school for the next five years........I don't think you would have had one negative comment. Instead, they are giving up a home game to sell tickets to opposing fans for the $$$.
The spin they are trying to pu on it is simply spin. Every kid that plays for Tech already plays in TWO NFL stadiums. As for the "premium" experience......blah.......I would take seeing a game in any college stadium over the sterile bland NFL stadiums.....

I am okay with this. At least it will only be one game a year. It appears season ticket holders will receive priority seating at MB for 4/5 of the games, so that’s good . Will miss the awesome sight lines from the third row in the upper east. Hopefully the ‘21, ‘23 games will be September games and give us relief from
heat (disadvantage of upper east).
Though I absolutely love watching games at HGF@BDS, l believe this can boost our brand and help the GTAA financially. SO LET’S DO IT! GO JACKETS!
You said for 4/5 games. What did I miss? Why isn't it 5/5?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
But the muggers and beggers aren't

My point was that the venue is so close to our own that you could walk the short distance. I did not suggest anyone do so. But it is very close to our home stadium.

But then rotten weather was brought up, and I pointed out that a game in rotten weather would be better watched from indoors than outdoors.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Any who, I think this has the potential to work out very well in GT favor. The GTAA MUST NOT screw this up with the STH. If it is a smooth transition from our seats at BDS to MBS, and we get the majority of the income, and we WIN, this will be a great thing for our future. I know this decision wasn't a kneejerk thing, so I'm putting faith in CGC and ADTS that they got our best interests in mind when doing this.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I like this a lot. Big games against big opponents being held on a big stage. We'll get a lot of media coverage and it may even set up for Gameday if we happen to have enough hype behind one of these games. Not to mention these games won't be a noon kickoff on ESPNU, they'll be primetime exposure. The increased sales will also benefit us majorly. Then they made sure to quiet concerns with this quote:

The only real negative is that we lose one game in BDS. But this aligns us with Atlanta's sports teams even further. We're the only team to play at this stadium for each of the next 5 years. Why? Because we're Atlanta's college football team!

Exactly! This is the point. More exposure.
More revenue. Partnering with ATL and making GT a national football brand.