OC Hire

TVan

Georgia Tech Fan
Army was a machine that game. Very impressive job by Monken.

Not taking anything away from Army, but Houston is a sh!t show right now. Read about what's going on at Houston. There's a bunch of off the field stuff going on, and Kendal Briles was halfway out the door. Houston didn't want to be there.
If, "if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas ". It is what ut is.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Since Collins is going after good recruiters as assistants (note the hire of Dixon as WR coach), and
since Tee Martin is a reputed hot-shot recruiter of Atlanta and the southeast, and
since Collins has kept under wraps his choice as OC, and
since we haven't heard a peep out of Tee Martin since he was fired at USC, and
since Tee Martin averaged 450 yards a game there as OC...

Is it possible he is our double-secret new hire as OC? I just think it's odd that there's been no news about Tee Martin going anywhere.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Since Collins is going after good recruiters as assistants (note the hire of Dixon as WR coach), and
since Tee Martin is a reputed hot-shot recruiter of Atlanta and the southeast, and
since Collins has kept under wraps his choice as OC, and
since we haven't heard a peep out of Tee Martin since he was fired at USC, and
since Tee Martin averaged 450 yards a game there as OC...

Is it possible he is our double-secret new hire as OC? I just think it's odd that there's been no news about Tee Martin going anywhere.
Don't see it he would have named him already . It's someone who is still coaching and has not had their bowl game.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Scottie Montgomery a good recruiter? If so, he’s also young and offensive minded who could potentially be an OC.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hope all these “recruiters” can actually coach football.
Thats a good point.

After the playoffs, I think we should have a thread where we compare cpj and CGC position coaches
We can go on record on each position and stay whether
In 1 year CGC position coaches will be clearly worse,
slightly worse,
the same,
slightly better,
clearly better
than CPJ s position coaches.

I lol go now on o l coach= = clearly better.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope all these “recruiters” can actually coach football.
Me too, CJP for example. And yes MG, I too am supporting our football team, as I have the past half century. My gut tells me CGC is a better football coach than CJP is a basketball coach. The downside is 15-10 after 2 years at a program that had just undergone a major turnaround, but that is somewhat offset by having lost a ton of talent on D right before he came on. It's gonna take a LOT more than the Waffle House vids and tweets/texts to get us to the 9-3 level. Imo, it's mostly up to TStan's fund raising and gaining Tech Admin support.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So with the Kerry Dixon hire, could Toledo’s OC be the guy we’re going after? Thats a very potent offense. (Shout-out to Techster for hypothesizing this first in another thread)

I doubt it, because they likely would have announced it the same time as Dixon’s. Pretty much all we know is it’s someone still coaching, and who’ll be done at latest by Temple’s bowl game. I’d also add that it’s likely someone Collins has coached with before. That kinda narrows it down a bit.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
About him coaching DBs? It's actually from the recruiting video:

It's at the 18:00 minute mark when he talks about Jordan Huff. His exact words are "I coach the secondary..."

He says it again when talking about Jeremiah Smith: "I'm back there coaching the DBs..."

I’d guess he just means he works with that group a lot, but he’ll very likely still have a coach assigned to the position to run things when he has other parts of the team to deal with. It just doesn’t make sense for a head coach to bog himself down with the minutiae of running a position group when he has to be responsible for the whole team.