OC Hire

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
this will be critical. Who does he hire? His current guy runs a lot of I formation with old school FBs. I think if that’s probably not going to be the best fit, and will make the transition / rebuild process even worse.

Let’s assemble some good news / guesses on who this OC could be. Not a wish list or crazy expensive coaches we can’t afford, but logically defended choices.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I want Cook to at least be QB coach. When he was hired from Cal Poly he made some guarded comments about wanting to be more open with the offense. Plus he was the QB/BB coach in 2014.
I actually agree on this...Cook is a guy who I think could adapt under a variety of spread option type systems (as his Cal Poly offenses were vastly different from what we run). I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until he's hired, but I want Bob DeBesse as OC. I really just want an offense that'll utilize a running QB (we'd be stupid to try a pocket-based system, as we have exceptional athletes at QB and it'd be a massive waste to not use that athleticism) and allow KirVonte to shine. Oh, and also not being afraid of using 4th down.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
this will be critical. Who does he hire? His current guy runs a lot of I formation with old school FBs. I think if that’s probably not going to be the best fit, and will make the transition / rebuild process even worse.

Let’s assemble some good news / guesses on who this OC could be. Not a wish list or crazy expensive coaches we can’t afford, but logically defended choices.

Not as critical as DC hire in my opinion.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to have someone that runs the type of offense that Urban Meyer ran as it would give us a lot of flexibility to tailor it to our personnel. Since we already have the guys for it, I would like to see a fair amount of read options and speed options mixed into the play calling next year.