North Carolina Postgame

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Adonicas played well on limited targets. Probably should have looked his way more.

Carter dropped a couple of big plays and was also overthrown on a wide open touchdown but he is clearly the #1 now.

I know our line is bad but keep giving it to Mason. Almost every time he touches it, something positive happens.

James is the guy. Made a few mistakes but he gotta continue to play through it and get more reps. The talent is there and had a couple of perfect throws for big plays.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This team has no Ying and Yang. When one thing starts to work something else springs a leak. The defense was lucky that UNC dropped a few TD passes or they would have hung a half dollar on us. It just seems like this group finds a way to lose. If that does not change, we will end up 1 and 11. I was encouraged that we actually scored some offensive touchdowns. I was very frustrated by our inability to run the ball and our defensive ineptitude. For God's sake make a damn third down stop.

I still love the Yellow Jackets but I want to see them play like it means a hell of a lot more to them than they appear to be playing now.

Go Jackets!

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously losing to Citadel was not luck on their part. Did anyone really think this team could win another game this year. This team could be worse than B*** L**** teams .

The Citadel managed to lose to VMI today. First time since 2002. VMI held them to 21 points.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm optimistic about the program. I'm seeing some improvement that tells me the coaching staff knows what they're doing. Our players are getting better. And the recruits committed will be night and day better.
When you come back from planet Fantasy let us know. You need to get accustom to this for 3
more years before Collins gets cashed out and we get a decent coach. If you haven’t noticed, we are being compared to the 1934 team. We suck. Historically suck.

So we have gone from a 7 win team to possibly a 1 win team. Last year with many of the same players on both sides we owned UNC. The difference, they got a coach and we got a cheerleader. Yep I am seeing that this staff has no idea what they are doing. You cannot out recruit at Tech. I expect we will be replacing the coaching staff in 2021. And before someone says oh we have to change the system. O'Leary took a 1 win pass happy team and won 5 games with the same personnel turning us into a running football team.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The opening kickoff our guy flies down the field, has a clear tackle and instead of breaking down and making the tackle he flies by the ball carrier and tackles turf. This stuff drives me nuts and indicates a lack of coaching or player acumen. I’ve coached 6th graders who knew to break down and get balanced. We do this constantly.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Crowd was the loudest I've heard all season while singing Bon Jovi.

It was exciting to watch Graham. He threw a bad pick right at the single high safety on a 4 verticals play - and it was good to see him back at QB the next series. The pass to the middle of the end zone (I think to Brown) was a perfect pass. The next one to Carter was even better. Gave the crowd something to cheer about and helped me remember the words to Ramblin Wreck.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm optimistic about the program. I'm seeing some improvement that tells me the coaching staff knows what they're doing. Our players are getting better. And the recruits committed will be night and day better.

Some don't see your obvious sarcasm, but I got you. Well done.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
The opening kickoff our guy flies down the field, has a clear tackle and instead of breaking down and making the tackle he flies by the ball carrier and tackles turf. This stuff drives me nuts and indicates a lack of coaching or player acumen. I’ve coached 6th graders who knew to break down and get balanced. We do this constantly.

So was it good coaching when the same player tackled the returner inside the 15 later in the game?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
When you come back from planet Fantasy let us know. You need to get accustom to this for 3
more years before Collins gets cashed out and we get a decent coach. If you haven’t noticed, we are being compared to the 1934 team. We suck. Historically suck.
People making those assessments of the coaching staff based on the information available probably play madden on rookie mode.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Your cherry-picked example notwithstanding, I see an improvement this year in our tackling - possibly due to better strength and conditioning or technique or whatever.

Our big, glaring problems are along the OL and DL. That's 90% of our downfall.