North Carolina Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My opinion is the OC had no clue who should be the QB. Didn't Temple go through something like this for the first few games and then settled on a starter. There is some history here.

Temple's situation was a different issue. They chose a starter and when the starter was unproductive they switched.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Also I hope Harvin holds out. I bet he has more punts than we had in total for the last 4 years.

This intrigued me, so I looked it up. Here is the data since 1998:

upload_2019-10-5_20-7-16.png
upload_2019-10-5_20-4-46.png

We currently have 31 punts, which is on pace for a total of 74 punts. WHile not he high since '98, it's definitely a spike. CPJs offense was good at reducing punts, whereas CCG punted often. The glimmer of hope is that under GOL we punted on par with CPJs O, so it's not tied specifically to system, but rather to efficiency.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-5_20-6-54.png
    upload_2019-10-5_20-6-54.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 28

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Seeing us move the ball and score in second half was encouraging. Graham developing is exciting. Unc ran close to 100 plays, defense was worn down after first quarter. If our office played well in first half defense would have been spared many snaps and would have been worn out. Hopefully offense will continue to improve, which will help the defense. I feel much better tonight that I did the last few weeks. Relieved we have a qb1.

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
I was horribly frustrated by the defense not getting off the field on 3rd and long. I was hoping the defense could have kept this game in the low 20's for the offense. I was at least pleased to see improvement coming on the offensive side. At least something to build upon. I feel like next week will be even better offensively.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
We blew out our 1 win in 1994. If this single win holds, this will will be the worst season in like 115 years. Gotta find a way to avoid that.
Our O-line and def-line are as small as they were back 115 years ago UNC out weighs us by 40LBS per player. We are small and slow on both sides of the lines. We need horses, a stable of them. I hope CGC can fill the stable again. This is going to be a long year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This intrigued me, so I looked it up. Here is the data since 1998:

View attachment 6887View attachment 6885

We currently have 31 punts, which is on pace for a total of 74 punts. WHile not he high since '98, it's definitely a spike. CPJs offense was good at reducing punts, whereas CCG punted often. The glimmer of hope is that under GOL we punted on par with CPJs O, so it's not tied specifically to system, but rather to efficiency.

CPJ wasted Durant Brooks and Harvin.

:)