North Carolina Postgame

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
They’ll win some more games. This team took a major step today. Graham’s a redshirt freshman and this was his first game as starter. Lost 3 starters and still put points up.
More Mason and more running in general.
Team will be explosive as the line improves.

The defense will clean it up and play better. Other than UGA I don’t think there’s another team with an OLine that big.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Had we not rotated the qbs initial in the year maybe graham would have more rhythm with the offense. Finally saw it in the second half. I would expect him to improve since this was really his first game starting.

Hindsight is 20/20. Graham created this storm by not taking care of his business in the classroom. I’m pretty sure you can search my post from the spring when I said he is our starter. He’s just different from anyone we’ve seen at QB in a long time. Graham definitely looked better than all of our QBs. Had he been eligible from the start he would be the man.

We had purpose today on offense but need to execute. We got to make those easy TDs. That’s 2 weeks in row we are wide open on a double move and are inaccurate (wind may have pushed the ball)

Wasn’t a fan rushing only 3-4 especially with a Fresham QB no matter how good he is. He have solid defense, but need pass rushers like yesterday.

I just hope the recruits saw the opportunity in a down conference. Praying we can get our young OL to be decent like UNCs next season

Last edited:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I think it would improve if Mason and Howard got more than 11 caries. That is their combined carries. And get the ball to Oliver. Reverse Wild cat. We are not a passing team as was quite evident today.

that’s what happens when you fall behind. There are no more dives on 3rd & long

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Hindsight is 20/20. Graham created this storm by not taking care of his business in the classroom. I’m pretty sure you can search my post from the spring when said he is our starter. Graham definitely looked better than all of our QBs. Had he been eligible from the start he would be the man.

We had purpose today on offense but need to execute. We got to make those easy TDs. That’s 2 weeks in row we are wide open on a double move and are inaccurate (wind may have pushed the ball)

Wasn’t a fan rushing only 3-4 especially with a Fresham QB no matter how good he is. He have solid defense, but need pass rushers like yesterday.

I just hope the recruits saw the opportunity in a down conference. Praying we can get our young OL to be decent like UNCs next season

The OLine recruits should be excited. Same with the DLine. They will get day one playing time.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He was a 4*. I think originally going to Texas but Mack went to him first thing. His QB from last year is now a LB. Ruder who gave us trouble last year until he got knocked out of the game is backup. Not sure where the other kid is now that was no. 1. Wouldn't surprise me if ruder transfers.
Can't wait to hear how elite the UNC QB is....

that’s what happens when you fall behind. There are no more dives on 3rd & long

Nothing to do with getting behind. if you run 30 plays in the first half even if you commit to a 50 50 you should have 15 carries. We began to move the ball running and then decided it was time to throw again, 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. Passing teams don't win games.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hindsight is 20/20. Graham created this storm by not taking care of his business in the classroom. I’m pretty sure you can search my post from the spring when said he is our starter. Graham definitely looked better than all of our QBs. Had he been eligible from the start he would be the man.

Now you're blaming Graham for the QB carousel that was publicly endorsed by P'Nut? Come on, man.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
He was a 4*. I think originally going to Texas but Mack went to him first thing. His QB from last year is now a LB. Ruder who gave us trouble last year until he got knocked out of the game is backup. Not sure where the other kid is now that was no. 1. Wouldn't surprise me if ruder transfers.

Flipped from FSU

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My opinion is the OC had no clue who should be the QB. Didn't Temple go through something like this for the first few games and then settled on a starter. There is some history here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So a few glimmers but it came out as I thought. We are throwing the ball too much. We need to run the ball. The defense was good for one and a half quarters then they were gassed. UNC could have run the ball on us the entire second half. We gave up 800 yards, 32 first downs. We have gone from having one of the toughest offenses in the country to one of the worst. Graham is probably our starter but he is not going to win us any games. Unless e come up with an effective ground game look for more blow outs like today.

And for those that think we just need to wait on recruits, well this class looks like the last and they will be Freshman.. Expect really bad seasons for the next two years, not including this one. And look for Grant field to be very empty as well.

And for those that think dancing and culture is important.....I don't see a lot of that at Alabama, Auburn etc.

We can't and never will out talent other teams

Was at game and didnt notice any crazy dancing.
what I saw
#2 - their wr ate our lunch . How many yards did he get. ? Our db s need to get stronger

We got zero dl rush and qb had a clean pocket the entire game. Our dl needs to get stronger

The only sr on field on defense was 10 - Campbell. on offense we had the 2 transfers that are not so much.
Pretty young team .

Graham looks at his receiver the whole time, but has a great arm.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
How was going to be QB1 if he didn’t take 1st teams snaps until the 2nd week of FALL Camp.

How can you give some the keys to the car if you not sure if their license will be revoked?
The mental gymnastics on this board to shield the staff from any criticism, including when the staff publicly endorses rotating quarterbacks, is astounding. Is there anything else we can blame on the players? Was Brent Keys' parking ticket the fault of Tre Swilling? Should Tre have directed him to a legal parking spot?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The mental gymnastics on this board to shield the staff from any criticism, including when the staff publicly endorses rotating quarterbacks, is astounding. Is there anything else we can blame on the players? Was Brent Keys' parking ticket the fault of Tre Swilling? Should Tre have directed him to a legal parking spot?

Mental Gymnastics? Lol have good weekend sir.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Had we not rotated the qbs initial in the year maybe graham would have more rhythm with the offense. Finally saw it in the second half. I would expect him to improve since this was really his first game starting.

Maybe. Or maybe Oliver or Johnson would still be the QB. The planned rotation allowed the coaches to see what each brought to the table which eventually led to Graham, seemingly, winning the starting job. Keep in mind that Graham wasn't available against Citadel. IMO if he was healthy there is a decent chance he starts or plays significantly that game.