No one out for VT, TM will start

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I didn't mean to suggest that you said anything of the sort. I did.

But it's easy to step aside that. All he has do is say, "Our team is healthy and ready to play. You'll see how our starter is on the first set of downs." End of story. He doesn't have to play rhetorical games. That's all.

I'm suggesting the possibility that his answer might have been intended not just to leave the question unanswered, but to mislead the opposition into thinking TaQuon is going to start when actually he isn't. We'll find out.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Can you design something that will funnel all the Coach bashing posts into one thread so I can open a thread and actually see something related to the title?

That would be one hell of a decision engine. Bashing coaches can get creative.

For instance

I hate how paul johnson always leads the lead in rushing. is positive.

I love how paul johnson can't seem to recruit a nfl caliber defensive tackle. Is negative. good luck with sarcasm in AI.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That would be one hell of a decision engine. Bashing coaches can get creative.

For instance

I hate how paul johnson always leads the lead in rushing. is positive.

I love how paul johnson can't seem to recruit a nfl caliber defensive tackle. Is negative. good luck with sarcasm in AI.
Welcome to the reality of a GTSwarm moderator!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Is anybody here a software engineer?

I am as well. Except I now run a Software and Hardware company and don't write nearly as much code as I used to. So my skills are not up to the task of an AI engine to filter out the Negative Nelleys posts, while keeping any content that may be at least a little bit worthwhile.

I have been aggressively using ignore for the few people who only coach bash. That has help a lot. Once the season is over, I will probably not ignore them except for one fool.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am as well. Except I now run a Software and Hardware company and don't write nearly as much code as I used to. So my skills are not up to the task of an AI engine to filter out the Negative Nelleys posts, while keeping any content that may be at least a little bit worthwhile.

I have been aggressively using ignore for the few people who only coach bash. That has help a lot. Once the season is over, I will probably not ignore them except for one fool.
Wait a minute! So we can put a man on the moon but we can’t build a jack arse filter? ;)

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
But he did give an answer about injuries - he said everyone was available.
“Available” could just mean that everyone could play if they absolutely had to. I doubt that at this point in the season there’s no one who gets held out because they’re a little too banged up. And if it is true that everyone is healthy, then we have no players who VT can check off their list.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I currently have 93 people on ignore. I still get negative posts about CPJ, TQM, the offense, etc. However, I hardly ever see posts from people that repeat the same three year old argument posts over and over. I hardly ever see posts that simply degrade the student athletes. I can respect people who disagree with me. I don't respect people who agree or disagree with me that repeat catch phrases instead of making sensical arguments and counter arguments.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
No, but I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I actually did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I moved to a Holiday Inn today. Unfortunately I will have to go to work in a few minutes when they call, so I will miss at least part of the win over VT.