1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

No one out for VT, TM will start

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Chas_Jacket, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Chas_Jacket

Chas_Jacket Helluva Engineer

2. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

The bit on TO is alot like JT was in 2016. Jt was pretty banged up with a shoulder injury. Now it wa shis throwing shoulder. TQ was icign his non throwing shoulder. But maybe he's a game time.

3. Oakland

Oakland Helluva Engineer

It would be nice if CPJ wouldn't be so testy with the reporters that cover us. Just give a professional answer and move on.

4. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

yet, they wonder why.

5. Texwood

Texwood Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like Cooper at center with Lee in the rotation at tackle. Will getting squeezed out of snaps.

6. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

It would be nice if the reporters that cover us would not ask questions they already know the answer to and start the damn question with a very timid " I imagine"

7. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

"How was practice today coach?"
    He knows CPJ hates the question, he asks it every day.

CTJacket, alentrekin, stech81 and 3 others like this.
  8. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets! Another win in turkey town would be sweet.

9. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Banned

Good - we can cross Injuries off the list of excuses. I hope it doesn't rain.

GT_05 likes this.
  10. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

This is good news, especially having Andrew back. Problem = how much will he play? I'm also glad to hear that Lee is going back to OT or at least sharing out there. Marshall being out so much has caused real problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Will start at OT given that, but the off week has obviously led to some re-thinking on the OL.

I guess we'll see about TaQuon. There's no way Coach would let anybody know if he was going to sub in Tobias. But we don't have long to wait.

CTJacket and GTNavyNuke like this.
  11. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

This is the quintessential smart *** answer:
    "Asked if Marshall would start, Johnson replied, “I don’t know. Why wouldn’t he?”

Told that there were indications that backup Tobias Oliver might start, Johnson replied, “You know what? My dad used to tell me: Be careful. Don’t believe anything you hear and half of what you see, and you might be all right.

I get it that CPJ thinks he is funny or smarter than others. But he is paid $2.5M a year to win games AND represent GT. Being a smart *** doesn't meet the second criteria. He does win some games, but there are other posts for that.

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Look at the difference between CJP and CPJ. One could learn from the other in terms of relentless positivity but also being honest. And this is coming from a CPJ fan.

GT14, jmahone, Tech93 and 5 others like this.
  13. hwdgeplague

hwdgeplague Ramblin' Wreck

At least there is a radar blip, I am glad that every answer is not delivered coachspeak vanilla.

14. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

You'll know pretty early on whether TM is making reads or playing rock, paper, scissors with the VT defense. Should take a series or 2.

boger2337 and UpperNorth like this.
  15. hwdgeplague

hwdgeplague Ramblin' Wreck

BUT, there is definitely a good balance....more easily found when the record and the play is better

vamosjackets likes this.
  16. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

So a guy leaves the game injured and the reporter asks the head ball coach if he will play against VT and Johnson gives another one of his smarmy answers. Tell us exactly how the reporter knows the answer to that question? (In law, don't ask a question you don't know the anser to. In journalism, it is how you learn things. Geez. It is a complete bafflement to me that a guy with his head coaching experience continues to shoot himself in the foot just to prove he can. I do dearly wish his public demeanor and professional courtesy matched his on-field coaching skills.

17. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Or he has to read 3 or 4 players when it should be 1 or 2 .

eetech and GTNavyNuke like this.
  18. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

I wonder if there is any other coach in the NCAA that has some of the same questions asked every week when it’s a question they know he won’t answer or questions that beat around the bush trying to trick an answer out of him. I don’t like how he acts either, but I can imagine it gets old. If you notice he normally does that with ridiculous questions (although not always)

19. Jerry the Jacket

Jerry the Jacket Helluva Engineer

Yeah I think we need a new group of reporters covering GT football. Keep the coach, fire the reporters.

Go Jackets!

20. first&ten

first&ten Helluva Engineer

Bingo!When johnson first came on the scene most of us gave him an attaboy when dealing with the media. Now TV/radio/newspaper don't want to deal with his smart_ _ _answers. It came back to hurt Tech's image and now we see & hear nothing re: Tech sports.

Gold1, Boss Ross, GT14 and 2 others like this.