No one out for VT, TM will start

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The bit on TO is alot like JT was in 2016. Jt was pretty banged up with a shoulder injury. Now it wa shis throwing shoulder. TQ was icign his non throwing shoulder. But maybe he's a game time.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Cooper at center with Lee in the rotation at tackle. Will getting squeezed out of snaps.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is good news, especially having Andrew back. Problem = how much will he play? I'm also glad to hear that Lee is going back to OT or at least sharing out there. Marshall being out so much has caused real problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Will start at OT given that, but the off week has obviously led to some re-thinking on the OL.

I guess we'll see about TaQuon. There's no way Coach would let anybody know if he was going to sub in Tobias. But we don't have long to wait.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It would be nice if CPJ wouldn't be so testy with the reporters that cover us. Just give a professional answer and move on.

This is the quintessential smart *** answer:
"Asked if Marshall would start, Johnson replied, “I don’t know. Why wouldn’t he?”

Told that there were indications that backup Tobias Oliver might start, Johnson replied, “You know what? My dad used to tell me: Be careful. Don’t believe anything you hear and half of what you see, and you might be all right.

I get it that CPJ thinks he is funny or smarter than others. But he is paid $2.5M a year to win games AND represent GT. Being a smart *** doesn't meet the second criteria. He does win some games, but there are other posts for that.

Deleted member 2897

"Asked if Marshall would start, Johnson replied, “I don’t know. Why wouldn’t he?”

Told that there were indications that backup Tobias Oliver might start, Johnson replied, “You know what? My dad used to tell me: Be careful. Don’t believe anything you hear and half of what you see, and you might be all right.

I get it that CPJ thinks he is funny or smarter than others. But he is paid $2.5M a year to win games AND represent GT. Being a smart *** doesn't meet the second criteria. He does win some games, but there are other posts for that.

Look at the difference between CJP and CPJ. One could learn from the other in terms of relentless positivity but also being honest. And this is coming from a CPJ fan.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice if the reporters that cover us would not ask questions they already know the answer to and start the damn question with a very timid " I imagine"
So a guy leaves the game injured and the reporter asks the head ball coach if he will play against VT and Johnson gives another one of his smarmy answers. Tell us exactly how the reporter knows the answer to that question? (In law, don't ask a question you don't know the anser to. In journalism, it is how you learn things. Geez. It is a complete bafflement to me that a guy with his head coaching experience continues to shoot himself in the foot just to prove he can. I do dearly wish his public demeanor and professional courtesy matched his on-field coaching skills.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice if CPJ wouldn't be so testy with the reporters that cover us. Just give a professional answer and move on.
I wonder if there is any other coach in the NCAA that has some of the same questions asked every week when it’s a question they know he won’t answer or questions that beat around the bush trying to trick an answer out of him. I don’t like how he acts either, but I can imagine it gets old. If you notice he normally does that with ridiculous questions (although not always)

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck

Bingo!When johnson first came on the scene most of us gave him an attaboy when dealing with the media. Now TV/radio/newspaper don't want to deal with his smart_ _ _answers. It came back to hurt Tech's image and now we see & hear nothing re: Tech sports.