Nit possibilty

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It looks like the NIT will be it for us. A close game last night might have edged us up near the NCAA bubble, but a 20-point blowout did just the opposite. This probably means we will get at least one more game at McCamish.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGA is still playing so they could still earn an NCAA berth. They actually got a good path in the SEC tourney. Beat Miss St last night, have a game today against USC (who they have already beaten twice, and who would become very bubbly if they lost to UGA again), then they likely would have to beat KY as right now they don't have a Top 50 win (USC is 53 and would go down further with a loss).

JJ Frasier has been playing out of his mind for them.
I think they would beat us again as their guards would give us issues.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The best reason for us to play in the NIT is to extend practices which helps develop the younger players. It also rewards the seniors to at least keep playing a bit longer and gives them a sense of accomplishment. Too bad we don't have coaches that can acutally run an offensive scheme other than pass it around until the shot clock gets under 10 seconds. We just don't have the quickness at guard position to break down defenses in the paint. We became a power team with MGH at the point and he was so strong, he was hard to stop and got to the line a lot of times. He has been a really good player for us. I am proud he is a Yellow Jacket. Glad we had some late success this season.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just FYI, the 2 sites that have updated today both have GT as a 3 seed. interestingly, both would have them matched up with UC irvine right now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Which teams do they show with #2 seeds? Those are who we need to lose.
3's also, maybe.

Right now NYCBuckets has Monmouth, Syracuse, Michigan and Florida as its 1 seeds and Hofstra, George Washington, Valpo and Houston as its 2 seeds.

DRatings has Oregon St, Temple, Houston, and George Washington as 1 seeds and FL, Valpo, Syracuse and FSU as 2 seeds. it also has Hofstra and Creighton as higher 3 seeds.

note that many of the schools are done. Michigan won today so they may be in the NCAA at this point. FL is in a tight battle with TX A&M.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah we can't worry about Bracketology "last four in" or "first four out" or projected NIT #1s because they'll just change places with each other.

So you're saying the group we should root against are Creigton, Hofstra, and Valpo for sure, and maybe Florida & GW.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Right now NYCBuckets has Monmouth, Syracuse, Michigan and Florida as its 1 seeds and Hofstra, George Washington, Valpo and Houston as its 2 seeds.

DRatings has Oregon St, Temple, Houston, and George Washington as 1 seeds and FL, Valpo, Syracuse and FSU as 2 seeds. it also has Hofstra and Creighton as higher 3 seeds.

note that many of the schools are done. Michigan won today so they may be in the NCAA at this point. FL is in a tight battle with TX A&M.
Looks like that school I'm Ann Arbor just punched there NCAA ticket with a buzzer beater over IU. 2 days in a row they've done that. By the way I hate that school in Ann Arbor.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are NIT bound.

The Cincy-UConn game is unreal. Cincy hit a 3-pter with 2 seconds left in the 3rd overtime to take a three pt lead. UConn hits a 50 ft prayer at the buzzer to send to 4th overtime.
Given how this game was played I think both teams make the NCAA.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
How in gods name does Uconn constantly end up in these absurd OT games regardless of the year and especially during their conference tournament.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
We are NIT bound.

The Cincy-UConn game is unreal. Cincy hit a 3-pter with 2 seconds left in the 3rd overtime to take a three pt lead. UConn hits a 50 ft prayer at the buzzer to send to 4th overtime.
Given how this game was played I think both teams make the NCAA.

Game of the season

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. Was specifically thinking of UConn vs Syracuse game while watching this enter the 4th OT. How either team could move by the time the 6th OT rolled around is beyond me.