Nit possibilty

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Houston scares me more than SC. I've not been that impressed with SC - maybe because that is i've seen them mainly against UGA who has been their kryptonite

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
damn that is a rough matchup . yikes, but if we get the MGH we've seen down the stretch we can win. lets pack McCamish and use that home court advantage

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm so disappointed. I love cbg as a person, he is a great leader of young men... Off the basketball court. I'm so disappointed in the last several years. Nit doesn't console me at all. This is Georgia tech, it had great tradition in all sports. While we do not have a basketball championship, we have been plenty relevant in the sport. We play in the best league in the nation and it is unacceptable how low we have fallen. How is it so difficult to recruit to a great school in a big time city in the best basketball conference with a brand new arena and training facilities. This is where I see the biggest of many cbg flaws (again I have great respect for him as a person). It should be easier than it currently is to convince big time recruits to come play basketball at Georgia tech. It's been over half a decade, we should see some positive results by now, and quite frankly, at this point in the regime Nit being the highest level of success is just crap. Rant over... Any who, I do appreciate all of the student athletes. I understand how tough tech is without paying a sport, so I'm happy for them that they get a small reward. Sucks for them even more with all the work they've put in and the best they get is NIT. Ok rant over for real. Go Jackets.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As stated above, this will be a tough match-up for us. I assume the players are happy to be in the NIT, as it was pretty clear they were not going to the NCAA Tournament without playing this past Saturday. The next big question is whether Tech fans care enough to buy tickets to the game. If McCamish is less than half full, MBob should read that message loud and clear. We will see how much Tech fans care right now. There were a lot of empty seats for senior day.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
I drove in from Florida for senior day. Great game! Can't make the mid week tilt but expect it to be a real 'barn burner'.