New Strength & Conditioning Coach

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have to rebuild for years......despite recruiting recruiting recruiting:rolleyes:

Let's give the guy some time. He hasn't said simplify yet!

What do u think about the new strength coach. ? I liked sisk but this guy look good.

I question if our guys really have time to lift way more unless they are going to not take a lower class load?

Imo this will only work if recruits
1. still come in w advance placement ,
2. takes classes every summer,
3. Commit to Stay 5 football seasons and u will be given every consideration for playing time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

What do u think about the new strength coach. ? I liked sisk but this guy look good.

I question if our guys really have time to lift way more unless they are going to not take a lower class load?

3. Commit to Stay 5 football seasons and u will be given every consideration for playing time.

The Minnesota DC talked about simplifying to turn things around on D for the gophers this year. Just sayin.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Geeeeeezzzz, I'm trying my best to like CGC, to enjoy the hope of new hires and all that jazz. You know, the whole honeymoon period thing. But, some of you are really making it difficult. The school-girl-crush comment was right on target.

If you few could find a way to promote the new without it being at the expense of the old, that would help a lot. It seems like a very simple thing to do ... and just decent.

Animal02

Banned

Nothing against the new coach and his staff. It is about the hyper ventilating posters here with the school girl crushes.
I expect that we will see success at about the average we have seen the last two decades and hope we avoid what I experience in my days at Tech.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes, recruiting. Of the 8 nationally ranked players we signed according to 247, Collins recruited and signed 3 of them. 3 of 8. Plus the transfers. In 2 weeks. With no staff.

Why are all of your posts nothing more than extreme opinions? Most of them are based on taking other people's posts out of context.

And none are backed up by facts.
I hope to goodness we have a very good recruiting class- say 6 th in ACC!!

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
It’s a looser mentality. I don’t get it, bruh. Like, “let’s just settle”.
Where did @bwelbo or anybody else say anything about that being a goal?? The context was someone saying it would take many years to "rebuild". @bwelbo simply said it wasn't a big "rebuild" because we've been mostly a winning program for a couple decades, as opposed to say what Cutcliffe had to do at Duke. We're not a Kansas type of rebuild (like what Cutcliffe had to do at Duke 11 years ago or Leach had to do at WSU). Not in any way did he even hint that that was ever the goal.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Where did @bwelbo or anybody else say anything about that being a goal?? The context was someone saying it would take many years to "rebuild". @bwelbo simply said it wasn't a big "rebuild" because we've been mostly a winning program for a couple decades. Not in any way did he even hint that that was ever the goal.

Whatever. These guys cry cry cry about what limitations the program has over and over. Regurgitating CPJ results as some kind of viladation or affirmation. It’s straight looser mentality. Mediocre embracement.

I dont even mention the guy any more it’s past tense for me. I’m moving forward and buying in. I’m pleased so far with some tepidation but mostly please.

Animal02

Banned
Where did @bwelbo or anybody else say anything about that being a goal?? The context was someone saying it would take many years to "rebuild". @bwelbo simply said it wasn't a big "rebuild" because we've been mostly a winning program for a couple decades. Not in any way did he even hint that that was ever the goal.
It is part of the anti CPJ and anti 3O meme....that the program is a dumpster fire. Truth is far more FBS schools would be thrilled to have our program than not

Deleted member 2897

Where did @bwelbo or anybody else say anything about that being a goal?? The context was someone saying it would take many years to "rebuild". @bwelbo simply said it wasn't a big "rebuild" because we've been mostly a winning program for a couple decades, as opposed to say what Cutcliffe had to do at Duke. We're not a Kansas type of rebuild (like what Cutcliffe had to do at Duke 11 years ago or Leach had to do at WSU). Not in any way did he even hint that that was ever the goal.

The funny part is that what they are implying is actually worse - saying we are now in a rebuild implies we’re going to have some bad seasons while we try to wipe the slate clean and start over. Saying we’re entering a rebuild is in and of itself setting the bar of expectations low.

Deleted member 2897

Whatever. These guys cry cry cry about what limitations the program has over and over. Regurgitating CPJ results as some kind of viladation or affirmation. It’s straight looser mentality. Mediocre embracement.

I dont even mention the guy any more it’s past tense for me. I’m moving forward and buying in. I’m pleased so far with some tepidation but mostly please.

Quoting a post that tags me - please make sure you specifically call me out by name as not fitting the insults you are throwing out. Because that’s not how I feel at all. I don’t have a loser mentality. I’m not stuck on CPJ or the option. I’m not satisfied with 7 win seasons. Thank you. Sincerely, the person who keeps getting passive aggressively insulted for some reason.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

I want to move forward with you. I'm trying. If you could say something like "This is such a great hire!", instead of "This is such an upgrade!" That would help me and a lot of others to be unified. And, I'm not saying you said that, but that's the kind of thing that was said in this thread and continues to be said over and over. Just trying to help you know what to be cautious about in your optimism in dealing with others in the fanbase. I'm thankful for your optimism.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The funny part is that what they are implying is actually worse - saying we are now in a rebuild implies we’re going to have some bad seasons while we try to wipe the slate clean and start over. Saying we’re entering a rebuild is in and of itself setting the bar of expectations low.
We should win no less than 8 games next year. New guys gets spotted a loss because of putting new systems in place otherwise it would have been 9.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Geeeeeezzzz, I'm trying my best to like CGC, to enjoy the hope of new hires and all that jazz. You know, the whole honeymoon period thing. But, some of you are really making it difficult. The school-girl-crush comment was right on target.

If you few could find a way to promote the new without it being at the expense of the old, that would help a lot. It seems like a very simple thing to do ... and just decent.

That is fair, but there are also some on the other side who just want to mock anyone who is excited about the new direction. Its annoying for those of us who both appreciate CPJ and love the Collins hire.