New Strength & Conditioning Coach

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do you know something here, or is this just a "hey check out this guy" post?
Edit: looks like he knew something. This guy looks like a good S&C coach, apparently is up for S&C coach of the year. Nice

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

(another instance where you can't always believe what Kelly and Rod are "reporting")

What do you mean about Kelly and Rod reporting? I can guarantee Kelly has said a new S&C coach would be coming. Maybe not originally, but he’s cleared it up that we would have a new one.

Deleted member 2897

(another instance where you can't always believe what Kelly and Rod are "reporting")

KQ’s been reporting on this actually. Kerry by name for quite a bit...I think about 4 days ago? S&C he thought was staying put initially, but he gave a hint on a change there recently too. Here’s his most recent quote: “There will be a new S&C coming in, I've confirmed with multiple sources that there will be change there. It will not be the Temple S&C however, he is remaining at Temple, the school announced that already.”

Techster

Helluva Engineer
S&C coaches are one of the most important coaches on the staff. Players spend the more time with S&C coaches than their position coaches, and during the offseason they're the eyes and ears for coaches.

I was surprised when they mentioned Sisk would be retained. Usually, HC come in and want their own S&C coach.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Sorely needed, watching the Golden Golphers completely disrespect the team yesterday was embarrassing.

Would like to see guys looking like they apart of a football team and not a social media laughing stock.

This guy is really good with social media. Lots of video with him.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Y'all, this is great news. For the last few years I've seen our defensive players just get plain out muscled be it on the line of scrimmage or trying to make a tackle. It will take a couple of years to build up strength in the younger players, but I am very happy with this hire. Do we need to raise funds for our weight room?

Couple of years to build strength? More like 8 months

slugboy

Staff member
S&C coaches are one of the most important coaches on the staff. Players spend the more time with S&C coaches than their position coaches, and during the offseason they're the eyes and ears for coaches.

I was surprised when they mentioned Sisk would be retained. Usually, HC come in and want their own S&C coach.

Sisk is (was) director of the player development department, across all sports. Trainers are in the sports medicine department, also across all sports. Equipment managers also have their own department.

So, if I’m right, this changes player development leadership for track, basketball, baseball, softball, and everything else.

Is staffing changing there, too?

https://ramblinwreck.com/staff-directory/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk