New Strength & Conditioning Coach

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well I could say I’m a high expectations guy & I’m not part of the low expectations loser mentality crowd.

You sure could. You might also be minimizing the makeover job ahead of the new regime. 8 wins or more from year one and onward is a pretty high bar. If CGC can do it he will probably deserve a statue. If not we will very likely be looking for a new coach in 4 years or sooner.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You sure could. You might also be minimizing the makeover job ahead of the new regime. 8 wins or more from year one and onward is a pretty high bar. If CGC can do it he will probably deserve a statue. If not we will very likely be looking for a new coach in 4 years or sooner.
CGC gets 3 yrs minimum unless he really screws the pooch. O’Leary averaged 7.5 wins, Chan averaged 7.5 wins, Johnson averaged 7.5 wins. With better coaching, more money, a recruiting staff, etc plus a weak *** Coastal he should be able to muster 7.5 wins on average don’t you think? Is a half extra win really that outrageous?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CGC gets 3 yrs minimum unless he really screws the pooch. O’Leary averaged 7.5 wins, Chan averaged 7.5 wins, Johnson averaged 7.5 wins. With better coaching, more money, a recruiting staff, etc plus a weak *** Coastal he should be able to muster 7.5 wins on average don’t you think? Is a half extra win really that outrageous?

No not outrageous. I misunderstood you earlier and thought you were advocating 8 wins or bust in his first year despite having to change schemes and play with another coaches players.

I’d give him 4 years (5 preferably) unless he really screws the pooch. I think it’s most fair to judge him once he is able to play with players he himself recruited.

Deleted member 2897

In 2020, we play Clemson, Georgia, UCF, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc. we could play 8-10 ranked teams. We could play great football and only win 6. I could easily see a bad year in year 2. That the dumbest schedule I’ve ever seen. Hell we played 10 teams THIS YEAR who went to bowl games. We schedule like idiots.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
In 2020, we play Clemson, Georgia, UCF, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc. we could play 8-10 ranked teams. We could play great football and only win 6. I could easily see a bad year in year 2. That the dumbest schedule I’ve ever seen. Hell we played 10 teams THIS YEAR who went to bowl games. We schedule like idiots.

Maybe it’s part of the reason he’s getting 7 years. That doesn’t include Duke, UVA, & Pitt.

Tells me that Collins got a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
I’d be surprised if Diaz keeps much of the Temple staff, aside from the interim HC who’s been there forever. Especially defensive coaches. If not moving here, Temple coaches are probably all on the move somewhere this offseason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it’s part of the reason he’s getting 7 years. That doesn’t include Duke, UVA, & Pitt.

Tells me that Collins got a lot of work to do.
T stan did say he got 7 years because of the transition, and the first two years are to get started (not his exact words) if I’m not mistaken. Said most guys get 5-6 but that’s why they did 7.

Animal02

Banned
T stan did say he got 7 years because of the transition, and the first two years are to get started (not his exact words) if I’m not mistaken. Said most guys get 5-6 but that’s why they did 7.
Funny how many posters here complained about one year extensions in football and basketball, but have no problem with a contract that is over 3x the length of his total HC experience. :rolleyes: