New Strength & Conditioning Coach

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
That is fair, but there are also some on the other side who just want to mock anyone who is excited about the new direction. Its annoying for those of us who both appreciate CPJ and love the Collins hire.
That's fair too. There's a way to do this together, I think. And, I think it has to start with those who are all about CGC to have some understanding and appreciation for those of us who especially believed in the CPJ tenure. Right now the CGC folks are on top of the mountain. They can reach down and help the rest of us get up there too instead of looking down and laughing.

You bring out a perfect point about appreciating CPJ and appreciating the positives CGC brings to the table not being mutually exclusive.

Animal02

Banned
That is fair, but there are also some on the other side who just want to mock anyone who is excited about the new direction. Its annoying for those of us who both appreciate CPJ and love the Collins hire.
It is not about being excited about the new direction.....it is the belief that simply because of the new hire, that everything will be rainbows and unicorns and that we will be landing multiple 5* recruits yearly and competing for the NC.
That is what is being mocked.
Without structural changes on many fronts, Tech will settle in to a more or less consistent average it has seen for the last couple of decades.

Animal02

Banned
That's fair too. There's a way to do this together, I think. And, I think it has to start with those who are all about CGC to have some understanding and appreciation for those of us who especially believed in the CPJ tenure. Right now the CGC folks are on top of the mountain. They can reach down and help the rest of us get up there too instead of looking down and laughing.
I haven't seen any pro CPJ posters that have been anti Collins (unlike the reverse) I do think that we are far more realistic in our expecations and limitations.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty sure the last comment about the new S&C coach was back on page 3... c’mon guys. Really excited about this hire. A good S&C program translates to more wins and less injuries. I love the fact that this guy is already being recognized as one of the top in the business. Welcome Coach Caralla, glad to have ya.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
To comment on the original thread topic ...
I have no idea about how good/bad of a job Sisk did with our strength and conditioning, and I would bet a lot of money that neither does anybody else who has made comments about him in this thread.

That said, this looks like a really good hire; about as good as we could've possibly hoped for if there was going to be a change there.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For goodness sake, does every thread have to be derailed with this bickering? I mean the jabs are just annoying and they don't contribute anything worthwhile to any conversation. CPJ started his post-GT life today. There is no need to continue with the snide remarks being directed towards him & the former staff. Likewise, CGC is just starting his GT life & we will be getting almost daily updates about the new staff. There is just not a good reason for this to be an issue either way. Please let it go... otherwise this is going to be an extremely long off-season for all GTSwarm members.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

You bring out a perfect point about appreciating CPJ and appreciating the positives CGC brings to the table not being mutually exclusive.

Some of us who support both old and new coach have an issue with not only the bashing of the old regime but also the hypocrisy of changing the goal posts of demands and expectations.

If CGC matches CPJ I’ll consider him an excellent success. I think setting the bar at 8 wins in his first year isn’t realistic or fair. Big changes to make and winning games isn’t easy even in normal times.

Animal02

Banned
To comment on the original thread topic ...
I have no idea about how good/bad of a job Sisk did with our strength and conditioning, and I would bet a lot of money that neither does anybody else who has made comments about him in this thread.

That said, this looks like a really good hire; about as good as we could've possibly hoped for if there was going to be a change there.
I remain skeptically optimistic.....but damn it.... someone buy him a new game day sports jacket.:banghead:

LibertyTurns

Banned
Some of us who support both old and new coach have an issue with not only the bashing of the old regime but also the hypocrisy of changing the goal posts of demands and expectations.

If CGC matches CPJ I’ll consider him an excellent success. I think setting the bar at 8 wins in his first year isn’t realistic or fair. Big changes to make and winning games isn’t easy even in normal times.
The Coastal is a dumpster fire. We were 5-3 this year in the ACC. We play USF, Citadel & Temple that we just raided plus a bowl game. Our stable is full of historically average GT football players at worst plus a solid recruiting class where Collins pulled in a few gems late. We’re upgrading coaches across the board. You think 8 is unreasonable?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Give it time....you will be agreeing with my Time Share comment as well.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Time shares are a means to sell perpetual fees /liabilities. I think you original comment was something to the effect that to be hyped up for Collins was equivalent to liking time shares.

I expect that we will see success at about the average we have seen the last two decades and hope we avoid what I experience in my days at Tech.

Agree. I expect Collins to win about the average number of games that each of the three last coaches won.

The new S&C coach is no different to me. Not till there are provable results. Show me.

Animal02

Banned
Time shares are a means to sell perpetual fees /liabilities. I think you original comment was something to the effect that to be hyped up for Collins was equivalent to liking time shares.

Agree. I expect Collins to win about the average number of games that each of the three last coaches won.

The new S&C coach is no different to me. Not till there are provable results. Show me.
My comment about time shares was about people be suckers for a sales pitch. ;)

Animal02

Banned
The Coastal is a dumpster fire. We were 5-3 this year in the ACC. We play USF, Citadel & Temple that we just raided plus a bowl game. Our stable is full of historically average GT football players at worst plus a solid recruiting class where Collins pulled in a few gems late. We’re upgrading coaches across the board. You think 8 is unreasonable?
No, it is not unreasonable...a winning season each year should be expected. Many here have posted inferring that losing seasons for the next few years is acceptable as the new coach rebuilds....that is the goal post moving

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
This new strength coach looks great. Good motivator and good coach (from a muscle and stamina building perspective)... Everyone who says that S&C is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most important job on staff is correct.

On the topic of CPJ vs CGC, I think both have their high and low points but I’m excited for the new era. It made me laugh (and not in a good way) the other week in one of the threads when one poster (who I don’t respect) started running down the list of position coaches on CPJ’s staff and had a particular vendetta toward Craig Candeto, Joe Speed, Ron West, and Mike Sewak. In particular, he called them lazy which really pissed me off. Candeto and Speed have done more for our country than this no-nothing will ever do by serving in the Navy as a Marine and a fighter pilot respectively... Ron West and Sewak, though maybe not the best coaches, have both been long-time division one coaches (and Sewak a decent FCS head coach). You don’t get to that point by being lazy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I think it would be unreasonable to say Fire CGC if he doesn’t win 8 or more.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Which is just more proof of really setting our goals way, way too low.

Lol. I’ve been saying this.....

That's probably true.

Y’all have been very chatty this evening but still to scared to say where the goals are for the new coach. And no Silas you still haven’t even though you claim you did.

I just want to see if you guys are hypocrites with the new coach next year and throughout his regime. Why y’all too timid to say where you stand. Planning to accept mediocrity now?

Edit: didn’t mean to tag vamos...my bad there.

New SnC coach looks good. Sisk did a good job but I think a completely clean break from the past is best. Sisk would just be the negative fans favorite foil going forward.