New Movies

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Me and kg02 went and saw it, at her recommendation, and told you clowns weeks ago it was good. It's not our fault you don't know quality entertainment when you see it. Do better, milw. Do better.

;)

I don't know, I think we all agree giving you sh!t about your poor choice in ice cream has been high quality entertainment for this board.

;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
My top 5(haven’t been to 1917 or have Netflix):
1)It’s a Beautiful Day....
2)Breakthrough
3)Overcomer
4)Ford vs. Ferrari
5)Knives Out

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think I wanna see Ford v. Ferrari also, but that's gonna be a cable movie for me.
I have to admit it surprised me. It’s not as much from the historical perspective, it’s down right entertaining. A human interest story. Well acted. Might not be a great analogy, but original Rocky on wheels.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Just Mercy, very good!
Filmed in Ga.
Michael B. Jordan & Jamie Fox....excellent method acting.
Supporting cast is very believable, particularly Brie Larson, Tim Blake Nelson.
Synopsis: Civil Rights Harvard Lawyer representing death row inmates in rural Ala.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Watched “The Gentlemen” at my second-run theatre(seems like a long delay, and Venture 12 still hasn’t received “Richard Jewel”).
I remember one or two of you gents. stating this wasn’t the best Guy Ritchie movie. The way it started out, I was in full agreement-until the triple twist hit hard. I’ll agree it’s not his best, but it’s not his worst either. If I remember, he did one that was straight out satirical that had very little excitement. This movie kept a decent pace and managed to keep my attention.
I’d recommend it for cable, with two hours to kill. I don’t think you’ll get the coronavirus watching it.

“I Still Believe,” looks like a tearjerker from the previews.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Catching up at the movies:
1)1917, was really good. I like how the film starts out with the orders for the journey, then immediately starts out on it and finishes with it. Very fluid. Those that watch it will understand what I’m talking about.
2)Birds of Poop, a/k/a Birds of Prey. The worst movie I’ve seen in years. I hope Margot Robbie got a whole lot of bird seed for starring in this flop. Love the Byrds(the group), but not these birds. Fly away!

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching an old movie,,,"Predators" , with an s,,,, Wife has me trapped! Thinks I am a prime candidate for the virus,,,
OK movie, at least a lot of action!
Any other suggestions, old or new, would be appreciated!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@TechBurn ; Sony Crackle and Popcorn Flix(unsure if the latter is still free to download and watch?), have a fairly decent vast library to watch online. The films, shows, et al, are typically not from the last few years. However, those of us that haven’t watched most of the thousands of celluloid tapes that turned digital, there will be some entertainment to gain.

slugboy

Staff member
You know what movie looks pretty good, but I'm waiting for it to hit cable?

Knives Out.

Bought it on Amazon Prime. It’s really well done so far.

(this is minor, but I’ll wrap with a spoiler tag anyway)
There’s a dig launched at an author in the movie that, looking back, gets better with time.

To Super’s point, we may see a lot of animation get released instead of traditional live-action. They can make that work with work from home and separating people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
Last couple weeks have put me in re-watch mode on the dvr. Here’s what I’m doing at the moment.

Tales From The Hood
You Me and Dupree
Hall Pass
Along Came Polly
Cop Land
The Burbs
Sideways
What About Bob
Den of Thieves
Cedar Rapids
Crazy Stupid Love
The Town
Point Break
American History X
Fletch
Wild Things
Two for the Money
Great Outdoors
American Psycho
Road House
Uncle Buck
Boogie Nights
The Break-Up
Zoolander
The Gambler
Wall Street
Office Space
Anger Management
Waiting...
The Warriors
Desperado
Revenge of the Nerds
Swingers
Rudy
Halloween H20
The Usual Suspects

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last couple weeks have put me in re-watch mode on the dvr. Here’s what I’m doing at the moment.

Tales From The Hood
You Me and Dupree
Hall Pass
Along Came Polly
Cop Land
The Burbs
Sideways
What About Bob
Den of Thieves
Cedar Rapids
Crazy Stupid Love
The Town
Point Break
American History X
Fletch
Wild Things
Two for the Money
Great Outdoors
American Psycho
Road House
Uncle Buck
Boogie Nights
The Break-Up
Zoolander
The Gambler
Wall Street
Office Space
Anger Management
Waiting...
The Warriors
Desperado
Revenge of the Nerds
Swingers
Rudy
Halloween H20
The Usual Suspects
Pretty good list with at least a few of my personal favorites.