New Movies

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Last couple weeks have put me in re-watch mode on the dvr. Here’s what I’m doing at the moment.

Tales From The Hood
You Me and Dupree
Hall Pass
Along Came Polly
Cop Land
The Burbs
Sideways
What About Bob
Den of Thieves
Cedar Rapids
Crazy Stupid Love
The Town
Point Break
American History X
Fletch
Wild Things
Two for the Money
Great Outdoors
American Psycho
Road House
Uncle Buck
Boogie Nights
The Break-Up
Zoolander
The Gambler
Wall Street
Office Space
Anger Management
Waiting...
The Warriors
Desperado
Revenge of the Nerds
Swingers
Rudy
Halloween H20
The Usual Suspects
Rudy was offsides...

...but to add to the thread, my wife and I just rewatched Stardust tonight. Fun fairy-tail sort of movie; De Niro really steals the show as the airship captain.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Outsiders was on this weekend while flipping through channels. Decided to stay on it.

Matt Dillon's acting has remained the same since that movie. "Do it for Johnny!!!"

Crazy how many future stars were in that movie...mainly on the greasers side. There was talk of remaking this movie...I would have protested on principle.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Not sure if these count as new, but I have a 18 month at home so we basically started self quarantine 16 months too early :)

Over the weekend my wife and I watched On the Basis of Sex ( Biopic on RBG and I thought it was really well done)

Also watched Green Book and really enjoyed that as well.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure if these count as new, but I have a 18 month at home so we basically started self quarantine 16 months too early :)

Over the weekend my wife and I watched On the Basis of Sex ( Biopic on RBG and I thought it was really well done)

Also watched Green Book and really enjoyed that as well.

If it's new to you, it counts. Might result in someone else watching for the first time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For the kid movie fans, me and the kg's caught Onward. Surprisingly good. I might've cranked out a half a' tear.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My company has a re-imbursement program for movie rentals during the pandemic and fandango released the controversial "The Hunt" recently. It's a $20 rental due to theatres being closed but I thought it was worth it just for the humor. It's set up as liberals hunting deplorables but it's so over the top you have to laugh at either seed and recognize the foolishness of it all. Betty Gilpin is the star and her character is confusing but extremely likable. I had never seen her act before but she makes it feel like a Tarantino movie without the quality of writing. It's fun and kinda mindless, I'd recommend it.

herb

Helluva Engineer
My company has a re-imbursement program for movie rentals during the pandemic and fandango released the controversial "The Hunt" recently. It's a $20 rental due to theatres being closed but I thought it was worth it just for the humor. It's set up as liberals hunting deplorables but it's so over the top you have to laugh at either seed and recognize the foolishness of it all. Betty Gilpin is the star and her character is confusing but extremely likable. I had never seen her act before but she makes it feel like a Tarantino movie without the quality of writing. It's fun and kinda mindless, I'd recommend it.

She is in GLOW on netflix. She was pretty good in it

Milwaukee

Banned
The April Prime additions are absolutely phenomenal: all of the old school James Bond films, The Graduate, The Bodyguard. Watching The Graduate and Live and Let Die this evening.

Milwaukee

Banned
Saw that as well. Never been able to get into those movies as I don’t find either of those guys funny in the least bit for some reason, but most of my pals love those flicks. Prime came correct for April, hope it continues.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Saw that as well. Never been able to get into those movies as I don’t find either of those guys funny in the least bit for some reason, but most of my pals love those flicks. Prime came correct for April, hope it continues.

I think Kevin Smith fans are generally hooked by Clerks and you just fall in to his stuff long term or you just don't dig it. I'm the former.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll stick this here since we're talking about movies and it will give some of the movie buffs something to do. Name all the movies referenced in this photo. There's supposed to be 66 movies referenced in the photos (although it feels like more). Saw this floating around on Facebook.

Answers found at popcorngarage.com

Movies.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll stick this here since we're talking about movies and it will give some of the movie buffs something to do. Name all the movies referenced in this photo. There's supposed to be 66 movies referenced in the photos (although it feels like more). Saw this floating around on Facebook.

View attachment 8158

All,

Best way to play is got to popcorngarage.com and start a new game. You can verify each of your guesses in real time. Friggin awesome...

slugboy

Staff member

View attachment 8158

Schwarzenegger ref is nice

Found 36. Some clues also looked like clues from other movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: