NCAA violations found at GT

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Are you asking me or just responding to my post? I'm wondering the same thing. Hence the question mark. Just a lot of "info" about mom and Adidas even though he went to Duke, right? Could be like the LB whose family allegedly took money from Bama and then he went to Ole Miss I guess.

I guess I am doubling down on it:

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
The NCAA isn't about relativism. This is about a couple of specific incidents that need to be handled with the proper procedure. That may be unfair but life isn't fair.

So is it 'proper procedure' to hand out punishment for infractions before you've completed your investigation?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
So is it 'proper procedure' to hand out punishment for infractions before you've completed your investigation?

When a school reports a violation the standard procedure is to suspend the player until completing an investigation. I'm not sure if that is what you are asking.

The rules are complex and weird. That's why you have to employ people who understand it.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...69/strip-club-visit-center-georgia-tech-probe

According to the latest updated article, it is written in a way that seems GT and CJP won't be punished in any way. Rather it's LaBarrie, Jack and B*** that will be punished. But considering that none of them are employed at this time by a NCAA program, there really can only be a show clause for say 3-5 years for all of them. If this is the case, I'm not sure why the NCAA went to GT with these accusations.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Labarrie doesn't deserve a 'show cause' for this. 3-5 years? Really?

Freaking Dave Bliss got a 10-year show cause and he tried to frame his dead player who was murdered by one of his other players all of whom Bliss had been paying under the table. (Try to follow that.)

And Labarrie likely gets 3-5 years for a strip club visit? Really?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we should self impose a post season ban for this year due to the level of this allegations and then move forward from there.

That is a good point and begs the question why we didn't take care of this and self impose for this post season prior to it starting? I don't buy the Carter wasn't gone long enough line. He was drafted by the NBA the prior summer. You can't be much more gone.

Again, let's not allow our administration to continue to fail our schools and players. The NCAA can suck and our administration can suck at the same time.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
When a school reports a violation the standard procedure is to suspend the player until completing an investigation.

I suppose I'm confused as to when the investigation was completed. The school lost the players for a length of time after investigation was completed......but the investigation was not really completed. Is it completed now?
Madness.....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Damn. If momma Carter doesn’t want her baby boy around some hoes then she’s gonna have a heart attack when she sees what little Wendell is gonna have thrown at him in Chicago or on these long road trips.
And 300$ in a strip club?!? That’s it????
I wouldn’t have committed either. Lol. Be better boosters....

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I think we should self impose a post season ban for this year due to the level of this allegations and then move forward from there.
Well, since the incident happened in 2017, I think a retroactive self-imposed two-year postseason ban would be more appropriate. In fact, let's be super-harsh on ourselves and impose an INDEFINITE postseason ban!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
His mom turned it in. By the way she also meet with the Adidas group before he went to Duke but nothing was done about that
Duke is a Nike school like UNC which is one of the reasons Little picked UNC over any Adidas school.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...69/strip-club-visit-center-georgia-tech-probe

According to the latest updated article, it is written in a way that seems GT and CJP won't be punished in any way. Rather it's LaBarrie, Jack and B*** that will be punished. But considering that none of them are employed at this time by a NCAA program, there really can only be a show clause for say 3-5 years for all of them. If this is the case, I'm not sure why the NCAA went to GT with these accusations.
I gotta say...I do like the idea of RB getting a "show cause" issued against him...:)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I can only hope/pray that the GT AA has hired the same level lawyers as Pastner has in all this nonsense. Maybe the same legal group that worked the UNC case. If we are still as idiotic as we were with the Bay Bay case we deserve what we get.
UNC spent $18M in legal defense to get out of their no class attendance charges. What are we willing to spend on a program that can't win a play in game for the ACC tournament. Our current program isn't worth it IMO. The only people that make out are the lawyers.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This whole AA is getting ****ed over three events that total about $3K. WTF are you doing ncaa. Seriously what the actual **** are you doing.

Yeah, I like the outrage. Let it consume you, gtr.

I got incensed when I saw this as one of the main stories on si.com. It's an absolute joke that they're dragging our name through this mud when the blue bloods are committing murder in the streets.

Deleted member 2897

UNC spent $18M in legal defense to get out of their no class attendance charges. What are we willing to spend on a program that can't win a play in game for the ACC tournament. Our current program isn't worth it IMO. The only people that make out are the lawyers.

Bud Peterson is on the way out. I'd love it for him to go stand in front of the mic and go through all that is wrong with the NCAA and tell them they can go F themselves.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can someone educate me, please? The article states that the recruit was on an official visit. I've read in the past about lavish meals and entertainment provided for recruits who are on an official visit. Is visiting a strip club on an official visit a violation in and of itself? Or is because a booster is the one who paid for the visit and not Georgia Tech officially as part of the official visit? Was the $300 for the recruit to take home with him, or was it specifically so that he could enjoy the strip club to its fullest extent? If the money was only for the strip club visit, then wouldn't it be just a part of the visit?

If Labarrie and Jack as former Georgia Tech athletes so no problem with doing this, does that mean that they enjoyed these type benefits when they were here as recruits or students?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

The big one is lack of institutional control.