NCAA violations found at GT

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pastner didn’t do anything wrong. Everybody complaining about overreacting with LaBarrie now has to eat crow.

Why? Because he took a kid to the strip club? We knew this....over a year ago. Who cares?

The fact that a man lost his job and the NCAA did nothing until after the kid was a pro is what pisses me off. Why? Because the kid went to Duke. They drug their feet.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It means we are sanctioned hard by the NCAA (who laughably won't do **** to LSU for worse violations) but can't fire Pastner without paying his $8m buyout.

This program is ****ing cursed and I won't be attending a Round of 64 weekend for a long ****ing time.
... well someone has to pay the Paper for the UNCheat AFAM issues...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Time for folks to drop the requests to have Jarrett become part of the staff. Being a part of this is a stain for sure.

ESPN reported Thursday that former Tech star Jarrett Jack was the representative of Tech’s athletic interests and that former Duke star Wendell Carter, now with the Chicago Bulls, was the prospect.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pastner isn't going anywhere. The fact that he is in the clear with the NCAA basically guarantees that. if he was involved you could fire him with cause, without that you have to pay the buyout.

Everybody just needs to take a breath and see what comes of this. The Bell stuff could end up being time served due to Okogie and Jackson being suspended last year.
Since GT fired LaBarrie they may get off light. We just have to wait and see. Could see us losing a scholly.

I know in our modern hot take, shout immediately society no one wants to wait on anything, but that is the more prudent course of action.
Pastner will be retained or fired based on the programs performance on the court and in recruiting over the next 2 years.

Jack will certainly not be hired as an asst after this.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Apparently, we suck at cheating. First, we get popped for $300, and then we get caught trying to cover our tracks. Eerily similar to the football incident with Bebe years ago.

The fact is that this type of bending/skirting the rules takes place at just about every major college football and basketball program across the country. If you don't think that it has occurred at GT previously, you are fooling yourselves.

In my opinion, it is the fact that it is Us that gets punished for it and how we got reported that is unbelievable to me. Like @GT11 mentioned above, the holy Mrs. Carter reports us for this ****, but then meets with Adidas to pad her pockets. Crickets!!

Deleted member 2897

Wait...so they're saying we're gonna get smacked because Okogie and Tadric went to Arizona on dipsh!t's dime, but NCAA handled it when they suspended Okogie and Tadric for some games and made them pay restitution. They got reinstated and played the majority of the season. After Josh and Tadric left, and after it's been proven that Bell is a whacko that enticed college players to play with him on his own (yes, it's just as creepy as it sounds)...GT is gonna get in trouble a year later...AFTER punishment was already handed out to the players?! WTH...

The Labarrie issues sounds a LOT like the Demaryious Thomas/Paul Johnson/Dan Radakovich situation where we DRad was told to keep a lid on it, he took the lid off for a minute to tell CPJ, then we got HAMMERED for it. Of course, no strippers and recruits were involved.

Jeez, seriously, GT must have some bad juju for some reason, because we just can't have nice things.

This is the same way I read this - isn't this double jeopardy - the NCAA already ruled on this.

Deleted member 2897

But what does it mean for the program?

Coach K and Roy Williams haven't been charged either.

I'm not saying Pastner did anything wrong. I genuinely think he's a good guy. But such a statement doesn't mean anything. The better statement was did you know any of this stuff was going on while it was happening.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Coach K and Roy Williams haven't been charged either.

I'm not saying Pastner did anything wrong. I genuinely think he's a good guy. But such a statement doesn't mean anything. The better statement was did you know any of this stuff was going on while it was happening.

The answer to this is no - it appears he didn't know it was going on. That is implied from the fact he reported the infractions to both the NCAA and GT when he learned of them. That is why he is in the clear with both GT and the NCAA.

I'm just going to wait and see on this. it could turn out that not much more happens, or the NCAA could come down on GT - though since they didn't come with an institutional control charge that seems somewhat unlikely. it seems like LaBarrie is the one who may get the worst out of this.

Deleted member 2897

F the NCAA. With a big old Sears Tower sized *****. They're a freaking joke. We have a nationwide FBI investigation full of wire taps and tax records exposing the underbelly of a huge money scheme in college basketball, but they're going after Charleston Southern, TCU, Creighton, Georgia Tech for stupid crap. GO TO HELL NCAA.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
giphy.gif

Trying to decide whether to laugh or cry at this news...I guess both.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I mean, the irony is pretty thick right now, and how obtuse of the NCAA to do this with the Federal investigations as backdrop: You have coaches on tape admitting to organizing payments to players still actively coaching, and said paid players are actively playing.

OK, but lets smack GT with those Level 1 charges.

It's so obviously idiotic and insane you have to laugh...

OMFG, the first thing I did was laugh. You got players being paid 6-7 figures but these are "level 1" violations?!

This is beyond comical. Our AD should not miss the opportunity to note that these serious things are going on but they want to pop us for $300 and a strip club visit. I mean, come on.

What would be the penalty for thumbing our noses at the NCAA on this? Public opinion would be with us. Shiii, we ain't making the tournament any time soon anyway. We self-ban from the postseason 'round these parts. NCAA should have minimal sway over us. (ok, that last bit was a bit extra but you get what I'm saying)