NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
The last two years for nc state really put things in perspective for me as a tech fan.

Last year was unforgivable. Being told your team can’t play for a championship and offered no explanation grounded in any rules, guidelines or precedent last year would really make me wonder why I watch college sports at all.

Getting snubbed this year would be “meh” in any other year. But combined with last year, I actually feel bad for the Wolfpack.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It's becoming a pattern and this probably has a lot to do with it. The way the conference has been treated by the selection committee recently is a joke.

I’m shocked I tell you that the great leaders of the ACC have put their beloved conference at the mercy of others. And lo and behold the others dismiss them. The ACC is a joke but I’m sure our conference leaders will be in their fully stocked luxury box at the finals. They are probably to busy hanging at their beach condo wondering how they can funnel NIL money to Chapel Hill to worry about such things as baseball.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
The ACC is not a joke. The NCAA is. Jackets have an opportunity to advance. Stay healthy, focused, and sharp. Specifically speaking to pitchers.

1653959060935.png

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
The Vols will not be beaten without a strong pitching staff. They can, and will, roll those guys out in a blink of an eye. Go Jackets! GBO!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting, this article teased Hall and GT player reaction to the seeding. So far none, or you have to subscribe to see the article. https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Article/Georgia-Tech-Seeding-Raises-Questions-188150955/

And this is bland, not even the usual coach speak about being glad to have the opportunity to play in the NCAAs: https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-named-no-2-seed-at-knoxville-regional/

Maybe there is something coming. Our team can beat anyone. Just beating Tenn twice will be really hard.

Back to the Camels (really cool mascot since those suckers are nasty and champion spitters), they will probably throw their best pitcher Thomas Harrington against us. He goes deep into the game (no pitch count :( )and had trouble in his last two outings. Earlier in the year he was written up as a top draft prospect.

1653994188548.png

And this guy is their closer:
1653994383200.png

Who do we throw? Medich (Campbell), Grissom (Tenn), Staff day Finateri / Carwile ?? (Tenn).

1653994777182.png

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
@g0lftime
Relief pitcher Ben Joyce, the "Volunteer Fireman." 92% of balls thrown are in triple digits. Clocked at 105.5 mph. He threw one at 104 in champ game against Gators. But, he also walked one and gave up a HR. Pitchers for UT are dangerous. The field is laser sharp. It is baseball and one game at a time. Don't know why I can't quote anymore without it going to multi-message.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Who do we throw? Medich (Campbell), Grissom (Tenn), Staff day Finateri / Carwile ?? (Tenn).
I think that has to be the plan. Medich in Game 1, Grissom in Game 2. I'm sure it'll be opponent-dependent beyond that.

Obviously the goal is to win Game 1, but the secondary goal is to preserve our bullpen. I'd love to save Maxwell for Game 2.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's just horde buy tickets and make Lindsey Nelson gold. It is only 3 and a half hours from the ATL. Let's go North Georgia Jackets! I'm coming up from McDonough and my big Gold GT flag is coming with me! #tennesseetakover

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugh. Am I going to have to get ESPN+?
It's possible. It's so confusing with these ESPN streaming games if it is covered with your cable account or have to separately purchase ESPN+. The good news is I think it's just 4.95 a month and you can cancel when all the games are over. Wouldn't surprise me if any games against UT would be on SEC Network so there might be non-streaming options for other games.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
If/when we play UT it’s probably gonna look like a football score. I think we can get runs on anybody and a smaller park is a nightmare against our lineup.

And obviously every defensive inning is going to be butthole puckering time with our staff.