NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well damn. I voted then took it back.

To vote no is to recognize that to win this regional is like having to win the CWS twice, just to win it once. This was one of two teams I didn't want to be in a regional with. VT the other since we swpth them.

But we are due. Like 0-10 due. Like going bat sh1t crazy offensively,.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Vols are special this year. Top to bottom. And, very focused. That being said: Go, Jackets. GBO. My allegiance is pledged to nothing or no one but the flag of the USA! Looking forward to playing more good ball!!
Vols supposed to have a really good fast ball pitcher.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Vols supposed to have a really good fast ball pitcher.
Yes, a reliever that has hit 105. Their pitching numbers are insane. Their 3 starters all have sub-3 ERAs and pretty much all of their contributing pitchers have an ERA that would be tops on our staff.

But there have been lots of shocking outcomes in this tournament before. Hopefully the overconfidence will be real and then they can start feeling the pressure of all those expectations if we can get ahead. But first, we have to be ready to beat Campbell.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech got a tough draw on two fronts. For one, it was sent to Knoxville to take on No. 1 Tennessee, truly the only excellent team in college baseball this season and the prohibitive favorite to win a national title. Second, its opening matchup is against Campbell, which boasts two of the top prospects in this year’s draft, shortstop Zach Neto and righthander Thomas Harrington, the latter of whom the Yellow Jackets will almost certainly see on the mound to start the weekend.

From BA. Of course we are listed in the got screwed column basically

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know. NC State went 3-1 and lost in the ACC Championship and got left out. A better overall ACC record than us including the ACC tournament and swept us 3-0. Maybe we were lucky to only play 2.

After all is said and done, the NC State non-conference 189 SoS and 66 can be the excuse. Next year they will probably schedule a tougher NC SOS.

The real reason is probably that the mighty SEC couldn't have fewer bids than the ACC or fewer host spots. Both ended up the same. So NC State was sacrificed as was ND (not an ACC team to me until we get their football $) who didn't get the host. But ND will torch their regional basically getting a bye at Ga Southern. But then get us ot Tenn. (trying to be optimistic)

There was a lot of D1 discussion about the OOC SoS which appeared to be the big differentiator. Those teams which cancelled their weak OOC games were smart. Inside knowledge?

1653947069317.png

At the end of the day, IIWII. We are starting 0-0.

Last edited:

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
After all is said and done, the NC State non-conference 189 SoS and 66 can be the excuse. Next year they will probably schedule a tougher NC SOS.

The real reason is probably that the mighty SEC couldn't have fewer bids than the ACC or fewer host spots. Both ended up the same. So NC State was sacrificed as was ND (not an ACC team to me until we get their football $) who didn't get the host. But ND will torch their regional basically getting a bye at Ga Southern. But then get us ot Tenn. (trying to be optimistic)

There was a lot of D1 discussion about the OOC SoS which appeared to be the big differentiator. Those teams which cancelled their weak OOC games were smart. Inside knowledge?

View attachment 12496

At the end of the day, IIWII. We are starting 0-0.
From D1Baseball's post-announcement thoughts regarding NC State's omission:

"OK, so committee chairman Mike Buddie said after the Selection Show that NC State only won four ACC series, and of those four series, none of those series wins were over teams in the NCAA tournament field. That’s a fine data point."

Is that a "fine data point"????? They swept GT. I was there! Are they re-writing history, or do they just not know what the F*** they are doing? Or are they rescinding Tech's NCAA tournament invite?

I can't verify that Buddie actually said that, since this is from the D1Baseball site reaction to the selections, but if he did, DAMN...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

"OK, so committee chairman Mike Buddie said after the Selection Show that NC State only won four ACC series, and of those four series, none of those series wins were over teams in the NCAA tournament field. That’s a fine data point."

Is that a "fine data point"????? They swept GT. I was there! Are they re-writing history, or do they just not know what the F*** they are doing? Or are they rescinding Tech's NCAA tournament invite?

I can't verify that Buddie actually said that, since this is from the D1Baseball site reaction to the selections, but if he did, DAMN...

SEC lover Buddie must have meant tournament hosts.

NC State started off slow and was hitting stride at the end. They would have been a challenge in any bracket. But put in NC State and leave out Ole Miss? Then ACC gets 10 bids and SEC 8 bids.
1653949134640.png

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow

He actually said only one of their ACC series wins were against a tourney team, which I assumed was us.