NCAA Tourney

What are the odds we make the NCAA Tourney?

• 0- <10%

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 10 - <20%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 20 - <40%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 40% or greater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGA beats Troy with the help of a boatload of errors and runs with 2 outs - they're in the drivers' seat now. Clemson somehow beats St. John's to stay alive despite getting outhit 16-9.

Gotta root for Fluke now.

Clemson is fortunate. If they can beat Vandy twice in a row, they deserve to move on. I doubt they do. But its baseball.

Wish GT was there .........

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's looking like only one ACC school will advance, UNC.

SEC will probably have Florida, UGA, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Vandy in super regionals. Texas A&M (a 3 seed) is eliminated, LSU is in trouble, while Mississippi State has likely forced a winner-take-all game tomorrow.

It's the SEC's world, the rest of us are just living in it.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke trailed in every game they played in the regional. Including being down by three in the ninth in their first elimination game.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
It has always been related as a cost issue given the # of broken wood bats. I think thst's bull but that's the party line
I think it’s legit. A bunch of schools would have a tough time paying for new wood bats for each player every couple of weeks. They aren’t that cheap either. D1 schools would be fine, but a lot of small schools might not.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s legit. A bunch of schools would have a tough time paying for new wood bats for each player every couple of weeks. They aren’t that cheap either. D1 schools would be fine, but a lot of small schools might not.

For all the bit**ing from MLB scouts about not being able to get a true reader on hitters and pitchers you'd think MLB could figure out a way to subsidize wood bats for college baseball. I absolutely despise the current bats. Yes they can come close to mimicking wood bats but the will never duplicate the feel or sound of wood. If a pitcher has good enough stuff to break a bat he should be rewarded for that not a flare of the handle that winds up a base hit

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
For all the bit**ing from MLB scouts about not being able to get a true reader on hitters and pitchers you'd think MLB could figure out a way to subsidize wood bats for college baseball. I absolutely despise the current bats. Yes they can come close to mimicking wood bats but the will never duplicate the feel or sound of wood. If a pitcher has good enough stuff to break a bat he should be rewarded for that not a flare of the handle that winds up a base hit
Eh...the MLB gets to see the best guys compete with wood bats in the summer leagues, like the Cape Cod League, and that gives them some indications without spending a dime.