NCAA Tourney

What are the odds we make the NCAA Tourney?

• 0- <10%

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 10 - <20%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 20 - <40%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 40% or greater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
By the way, did anyone else hear that TV interview with the Mississippi State fan? He literally said that he was happy to be in Omaha to see his team play. "His wife's boyfriend had sold his prosthetic leg on Craig's List and given him the money to come to Omaha so they could have some alone time and he could see his team play." Think about that sentence a while....

Can't make this stuff up. But hey, it's SEC fans.....
It was a joke btw. Got you just like it got that tv crew

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
By the way, did anyone else hear that TV interview with the Mississippi State fan? He literally said that he was happy to be in Omaha to see his team play. "His wife's boyfriend had sold his prosthetic leg on Craig's List and given him the money to come to Omaha so they could have some alone time and he could see his team play." Think about that sentence a while....

Can't make this stuff up. But hey, it's SEC fans.....
Now that's brotherly love!

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Oregon State v Arkansas should be great series. Oregon State on a roll with the bats as is Arky. Can't wait to see how this series plays out. I picked OSU to win it all at beginning of CWS but think the championship series is a coin flip right now. Arky has the advantage of a rested pitching staff so they may have a slight advantage. Oregon State bats are scary good however.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oregon State v Arkansas should be great series. Oregon State on a roll with the bats as is Arky. Can't wait to see how this series plays out. I picked OSU to win it all at beginning of CWS but think the championship series is a coin flip right now. Arky has the advantage of a rested pitching staff so they may have a slight advantage. Oregon State bats are scary good however.
Glad UF & Miss St & those Texas teams are out. Can't explain that... but Ark v some tree hugging potheads works for me.....

.....Duuuuuuuude.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
tree hugging potheads ......... @FredJacket does have a side I have never seen before. Kudos Fred. Glad you are politically incorrect at least in a few instances. Ditch the nice side and tell it like it is!!

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Tree hugging potheads lose game 1 vs Arky. Great talent on both sides. Arky closer is a beast. THPs shouldn’t be counted out just yet however. Hope it goes three games because I really enjoy watching talented, well coached D1 baseball teams that have big time pitchers. And yes, @FredJacket, I am trolling with that last comment.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Too bad our guys aren't playing in the Oregon league and smoking some of what OSU is. Or maybe .....

OSU scores 3 in the ninth with 2 outs to win 5-3. And after Arkansas over runs a pop fly that would have ended the game and won the series. Something to be said for being good and lucky.

Some guys here would have loved it. Down 1 run in the ninth, OSU gets a lead off walk. Then of course sacrifices runner to second .........

Hope OSU wins tonight too!

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Terrible use of pitching staff by Van Horn of Arky. Should have left Loetsche ( sp?) in since he has mix of off speed, fastballs, and can locate. Brings in Cronin who is STRICTLY a fastball pitcher. Thru 20 something pitches, he throws one curve ball that bounces 12 inches in front of plate. Told my son that one of OSU's stud would crush one cause they were all sitting dead red. Bang. 2 Run homer and game is over. Fastballs are overrated. Always have been. Chart pitches and see how many fastballs are thrown in the zone. Very, very few for good reason. Kids today love the heater, no matter the velocity. Have seen travel ball pitchers that threw 93 plus get crushed because that is all they could throw. I asked HOF pitcher Tom Glavine one time about velocity and how important it was. He looked me right in the eye and said he could get ANY major league hitter out with an 88 mph fastball just knowing where and when to throw it. I will just leave it at that.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Abel maybe gave us greatest pitching performance ever in a CWS championship game. Hard to imagine that a D1 amateur athlete could be any better on the mound in a game of that magnitude. Dear Lord ...... please send us a pitcher similar in caliber to Abel to our fine institution before I have to leave this earth. Amen.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Abel maybe gave us greatest pitching performance ever in a CWS championship game. Hard to imagine that a D1 amateur athlete could be any better on the mound in a game of that magnitude. Dear Lord ...... please send us a pitcher similar in caliber to Abel to our fine institution before I have to leave this earth. Amen.
The coach had to be willing to ‘break the rules’ and use him......not sure ours would do so. Got to limit their pitch count, you know!