NCAA Tourney

What are the odds we make the NCAA Tourney?

• 0- <10%

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 10 - <20%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 20 - <40%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 40% or greater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Eh...the MLB gets to see the best guys compete with wood bats in the summer leagues, like the Cape Cod League, and that gives them some indications without spending a dime.

I'm aware of that, scouts still fuss about grading hitters and pitchers with composite bats involved. Hell I'm actually surprised Louisville Slugger or Mizuno hasn't offered to partner with college baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm aware of that, scouts still fuss about grading hitters and pitchers with composite bats involved. Hell I'm actually surprised Louisville Slugger or Mizuno hasn't offered to partner with college baseball
I think there are just too many teams and games for the whole of college baseball.....given the $$ involved. Just my WAG though, haven't given it much thought...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I rooting for Duke to win it all. Kiss of Death:cautious::sneaky:;):whistle:

But when they beat UGAg, I promised myself I wouldn't say anything bad about them for a year. 358 days to go.

They are in a rain delay. May watch the end if it's close. Down 0-1, Duke has no margin for error.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Boy the Tennessee Tech fat first baseman has killed them in game 3. Two horrendous defensive gaffs. National leader in RBIs and has done nothing at the plate the whole series. His memories of his last baseball games will more likely be nightmares. Was really pulling for Tenn Tech to be this years Coastal Carolina. On the other hand, Kody Clemens of Texas is without doubt the best hitter in D1 college baseball and should win the Golden Spikes Award hands down since Casey Mize crapped the bed against the Gators. Clemens on a run like I have never seen before. Detroit Tiger fans gonna love this guy.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And then there was one. Duke goes down. Leaving only UNC in the CWS for the ACC.

I still appreciate Duke taking out UGAg. As much as it pains me, it forced me to recognize they have a better athletic program (basketball always, football last few years and baseball this year) than we do.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And then there was one. Duke goes down. Leaving only UNC in the CWS for the ACC.

I still appreciate Duke taking out UGAg. As much as it pains me, it forced me to recognize they have a better athletic program (basketball always, football last few years and baseball this year) than we do.
Yeah...that hurts to read.....but it is true.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, we have the CWS field. 6 southern teams and two northwest teams.

6 of the teams that went through hosted. Great advantage playing at home. Only Vandy and Cal State lost at home.

I guess I'd like to see ______ win. Can't really figure it out.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The SEC and ESPN should just drop out of the NCAAA and have their own paid NFL prep league. THen we could focus on college football and I could totally ignore these meatheads, just like I ignore the NFL and NBA.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The SEC and ESPN should just drop out of the NCAAA and have their own paid NFL prep league. THen we could focus on college football and I could totally ignore these meatheads, just like I ignore the NFL and NBA.
Get off your high horse

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Yep,it looks like we are a poor team in a weak ACC. The SEC is tops because of their pitching. Even Ugag has great pitching. They all have multiple 90-95 fast balls, while we get excited if we have 2 that can break 90.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
By the way, did anyone else hear that TV interview with the Mississippi State fan? He literally said that he was happy to be in Omaha to see his team play. "His wife's boyfriend had sold his prosthetic leg on Craig's List and given him the money to come to Omaha so they could have some alone time and he could see his team play." Think about that sentence a while....

Can't make this stuff up. But hey, it's SEC fans.....