@NC State

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We won because we had an exceptional night shooting, especially from beyond the arc. I do not expect this to be the norm (although it sure would be nice!), but I think we can play with most everyone in the league when we're on. When we're off...well, that could get ugly. Three ACC wins exceeded my expectations (not my hopes). I find this team to be exciting to watch and not as heartbreaking. Maybe that's because they've been hitting their free throws consistently, but I'm starting to believe this team could be dangerous to a contender come Tourney time.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It is so enjoyable to watch this team. I love the movement and passing on offense. CJP and the assistant coaches are doing a great job.

Am I greedy if I want us to steal one more on the road on Wed?

Not greedy. But I really don't see it happening. NCST is reeling. VT has a ton of weapons. If we can make it ugly who knows though

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
For me the ability to demand from players and get results as well as the development that has been shown this year have been of the 2 of the more positive things. Before this season whether or not Q had a quality game rested solely on whether he hit open 3's. This season when he isn't he's still hitting the boards, challenging shots, etc. I would have never guessed that Lammers would be this good either. He has the team buying in and playing as a team focused on a singular goal.
Coach Paster and the rest of the staff are really putting forth a tremendous effort and it's bringing positive results much earlier than any of us would have guessed.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
In the 35 years that I've closely followed GT hoops, this is the best coached team I've seen. It starts with defense, these kids play solid man D, but can seamlessly switch to extremely effective 2-3 and 1-3-1 zones to mess with the minds of our opponents. That, all by itself, boggles the mind. This motion offense that is initiated on the high post through Ben is a thing of beauty to watch. Coach Paster has unleashed the innate basketball skills of Ben Lammers with this offense, and we have an extremely high number of assisted baskets because of it. I think we might have a coach.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
IMG_0754.jpg

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow

I don't really disagree with him. He brought in a top-five recruiting class, they just are not playing up to their potential. I don't think that Gottfried is a bad coach, he just isn't reaching these kids. Those quotes are not far off from something Paul Johnson would say.