@NC State

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The assists many on being able to have a teammate come off if a pick and/or a good cut to the basket and beautiful sight to this man's eyes.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
4 players with great stat lines! Heath was unreal!

Keep telling you guys (and gals), Heath is better than we give him credit for. Not gonna wow you, but he's sneaky good as a pass first PG.

Didn't get to watch the first half, but I thought our guys scored a bunch of baskets on individual effort, which we'll need in League play as we face better teams. Not every team is going to give us cheap back door baskets. I thought NC State did fairly well compared to the teams we played previously, we just had guys step up and create points. Great job by Q bringing his "A" game to help with Lammers having an off night. Tadric showed flashes of the player we thought he could be. Okogie was what we've come to expect: Good to very good performance by the freshmen.

If you would have told me Lammers would have an off night, I would have told you are chances are not good. Great job by the TEAM to pick up slack. Nice road win...and we know how hard that is in the ACC (ask CBG).

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to tip the hat to Q tonight. 40 minutes and played well including making shoots (which always makes a difference).

Keep telling you guys (and gals), Heath is better than we give him credit for. Not gonna wow you, but he's sneaky good as a pass first PG.

Didn't get to watch the first half, but I thought our guys scored a bunch of baskets on individual effort, which we'll need in League play as we face better teams. Not every team is going to give us cheap back door baskets. I thought NC State did fairly well compared to the teams we played previously, we just had guys step up and create points. Great job by Q bringing his "A" game to help with Lammers having an off night. Tadric showed flashes of the player we thought he could be. Okogie was what we've come to expect: Good to very good performance by the freshmen.

If you would have told me Lammers would have an off night, I would have told you are chances are not good. Great job by the TEAM to pick up slack. Nice road win...and we know how hard that is in the ACC (ask CBG).
An off night, and yet he still got a double-double and 5 blocks. He DID have an off night, but that kind of off night ain't so bad.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Said this in chat as well... two main reasons guys are filling the box score... 1) they're getting big minutes and 2) they know their roles and are getting coached.

Also we're not just winning, we're winning by 10+. No one plays nervous with a lead, unlike... nevermind.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow! Effort was off the charts tonight! I did not think we could keep scoring in 2nd half like we did in first half -but NC State does not play D .....
Gottfried has made their fans forget that 51 point loss to UNC ... double digit losses to BC and GT.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This team is fun to watch. Absolutely love that we run our offense through Lammers. Just the threat he poses with the 12 footer opens so much up. Q again playing really well and I'm probably Q's worst fan on this entire board.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
NC State is the worst basketball team in the ACC
So we’ve landed here, have we.

NC State is a basketball team with many useful parts, but few are good right now, and none work well together. NC State is now 1-4 in the ACC following an unfortunate 86-76 loss to Georgia Tech at home on Sunday night. I feel as though the word “embarrassment” has been tossed around a lot lately, but it’s appropriate.

This season is over. Let’s all save ourselves from whatever ounces of denial remain—this team is very bad, and it has no spine. Somewhere along the way, Mark Gottfried’s message became useless, and I think when the team faltered under Dennis Smith’s tenuous leadership, everything caved.

It’s telling enough to see how this team responded to getting pantsed in Chapel Hill. Don’t think any additional explanation is necessary.

I might be wrong about that, but you do not come back from a 1-4 start to league play in this year’s ACC; it’s just not happening. The ACC is as good as it’s ever been, and also, forget about coming back from 1-4—there is no evidence that NC State is even vaguely capable of any such rally. State’s lost to Boston College and Georgia Tech—and neither game was close in the last minute. Those are bad basketball teams. NC State is bad.

So it goes.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think it also says something about how misused he was last year. He may have been the best big on last year's team.

You could have said that about a lot of players that played under CBG. Lord knows we would have never known exactly how good MGH was until CBG put the ball in his hands. Had the guy for 4 years, and really only made use of him the last half of his senior season.

Really wish MGH had another year to play under Pastner and his system.