@NC State

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
8.5 point road dogs. They are going to be desperate at home.

I reeeeeeaaallllyyyy wanna take us to win outright. But with Okogie and Moore being such a huge part of our game while being freshman, on the road, I'll say we cover but State by 3.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice article by Winkeljohn ...... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011417aad.html

“It’s a direct correlation, a reflection on the head coach when the guards are not sticking their noses in there and rebounding. You’ve got to be an extension of me when you’re on the floor.”

Guard rebounding might be considered one area where the Jackets’ buy-in has not been complete. Moore in particular gets cross-ways with his coach through his inconsistent attention to this detail.

“I lost it on Justin vs. Louisville when he didn’t stick his nose in there,” the coach said. “Lost it on Heath when he didn’t stick his nose in there. Lost it on Tadric the other day because those are big plays. That sets the tone. We’ve got to be really good in that area.”’

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't really see us winning this one. NCSU has a tremendous amount of talent, and are almost like a ticking time bomb in the sense that it's only a matter of time before they figure out how to play together. And when they do.. Whew. I just hope that "when" isn't today against us.

Regardless of how they play, I hope our guys don't have a let down and bring the same energy they had Thursday night. I think Q will have to step up and have a game like he did against Clemson to give us a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who knows which NC State team will show up today. You would have thought they would've been desperate after losing to UNC by 51. But they lost to BC. Being at home will likely make a difference.

They have the Biggs to make it a tough matchup for Lammers. I think the one they don't match up as well is Okogie. They play a double post which means Q should get perimeter shots if he can stay on the floor. My bet is we stay man as they have multiple shooters I think would hurt the zone - as long as we keep smith out of the paint.

If we get the pack team with no heart from the UNC/BC games we can win. If their offense takes off I doubt we can score with them

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think this is a winnable game. The guys need to be as focused today as they were Thursday.

There is a sense of panic among Pack faithful about this game because they have Pitt, Wake, Duke, and Louisville coming up before the end of the month. They are staring at a possible 1-8 ACC record if they lose to us. It has to begin with their D, which is almost a joke at this point. Some of their fans are wondering if the team chemistry is terrible, or simply bad.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
To win all we have to do is score more than they do... okay, that's a given. If we can win the boards, keep turnovers down and continue making assits on over 50% of our baskets, we win.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
To win all we have to do is score more than they do... okay, that's a given. If we can win the boards, keep turnovers down and continue making assits on over 50% of our baskets, we win.

We can also win by keeping them from scoring as much as us.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is there a way to stash links to our fellow ACC programs messageboards somewhere? Or just list them? I don't know any of them

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Truly an impressive crafter of bricks. :p Lmao at that one

Around the snark is a pretty good report on GT. And what we have to do to win. We shut down the paint and they score from the perimeter and drives. Can we score. N&O has an article talking about how they have turned the ball over a ton but we don't cause turnovers. If they were playing well this would seem to be a matchup like Duke (bad) but they aren't playing well so who knows

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd love to win, but it won't be easy, NC ST is a much better home team (10-0 with 7 blowouts) than road team 0-4 all but BC by at least 14 pts. They also got blown out in their only neutral game against a good opponent (Creighton).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
NC State message board's GT thread
Well they got good practice playing in an empty gym. Might have one on Sunday.
We're making so much progress since the VT game, I think we lose this one by only 1.
Isn't there a WBB game, a Wrestling match, a Gym meet in this time slot ..? Swimming...
We will win. If only because it will disrupt the momentum of what needs to be done.
We lose this one and I will have to order one of these. Wonder if they come in red?

th

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The NC State Basketball Drinking Game thread is solid too

Original Post

Drink:
Airball (exception: shot clock under 5)
Abu shoots from 18 feet (exception: shot clock under 5)
One on many fast break
Lazy pass gets picked off.
Weak *** foul as the guy blows by for a layup.
BJ misses two free throws
Ball bounces off of Abu's hands, Abu's hands, or Yurt's head, out of bounds or to other team.
Anya doesn't make it to center court before other team scores a non-fast break bucket.
Someone picks up their 2nd foul before halftime.
Hicks or Kirk enters game with game still in doubt.

Chug:
A defensive 30 second shot clock violation
BJ makes two free throws
Gott gets a T
Successful pass on a fast break
Someone picks up their 3rd foul before halftime.
"New career high"
DSJ makes a step back 3 pointer.
Hicks or Kirk score with game still in doubt.
Gminski has an earring.
David Thompson mentioned
Jimmy V mentioned

Head to the liquor store for refills:
Russell Pierre mentioned.
Last second buzzer beater wins the game
Last second buzzer beater loses the game
Jamie Luckie, Mike Eades, or Karl Hess make a crucial call at the end of the game in State's favor.
You find yourself remembering Ted Valentine fondly.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Of course I want a W, but If we keep seeing strong effort & pockets of progress, I'm good regardless of result.

That said, I thought this tweet was funny.