Nate Woody . . .

Animal02

Banned
I understand you feel the need to constantly piss in everyone’s cornflakes anytime someone gets excited about the new staff, but I don’t recall use EVER being picked last in the division. Maybe lower half but not last. I also disagree with that prediction but that’s another story. The point is there is no way of knowing how well the team will respond to all the change facing them and even great coaches have had problems with transitions. Just to name a couple Saban and Bobby Ross. I’m not prepared to put numbers on what will make me feel satisfied with Collins but am happy to buy into the hype and hope and let it play out as it will.
You really missed the boat on that one. Funny how some posters will read into a post what they want to in order to maintain their narrative/ belief.:rolleyes:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You really missed the boat on that one. Funny how some posters will read into a post what they want to in order to maintain their narrative/ belief.:rolleyes:
Interesting. What is it you think my narrative is? Yours seems to be basically disagreeing with anyone who is optimistic or suggests Collins needs some time to get things going with his system.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Still disagree with giving him 7 years.....if he is not showing he can make it happen by year 4.....he will be gone and Tech on the hook like so many other times. If he does show he is makeing it happen in yeare 3-4.....then you extend the contract.

Taking a glass-is-half-full view, there is, I suppose, a silver lining to such a long contract. If CGC hits a home run in the first 2-3 years, other P5 schools will be coming after him. The buy-out will work in our favor for a change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Interesting. What is it you think my narrative is? Yours seems to be basically disagreeing with anyone who is optimistic or suggests Collins needs some time to get things going with his system.
Not a narrative but if you post a lot of expectations on social media people are going to expect you to put your money where your mouth is.

Animal02

Banned
Taking a glass-is-half-full view, there is, I suppose, a silver lining to such a long contract. If CGC hits a home run in the first 2-3 years, other P5 schools will be coming after him. The buy-out will work in our favor for a change.

True.....do you know what the buy out is?

Though I would rather not see Tech as a way station for "rising coaches"

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
True.....do you know what the buy out is?

Though I would rather not see Tech as a way station for "rising coaches"

No, I don’t...just assuming there is something that works for both parties. Maybe someone on here knows.

Animal02

Banned
No, I don’t...just assuming there is something that works for both parties. Maybe someone on here knows.

I would like to know what the buy out is both ways.......if it is really low if he gets canned and high if he leaves for another school, I would view the 7 years a lot different.:D

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Not a narrative but if you post a lot of expectations on social media people are going to expect you to put your money where your mouth is.
Not sure whether you are talking to me or not but I don’t think you will find any expectations from me other than I think the hire was a good one and should give us some excitement going forward. I actually like CPJ and will miss his offense when it was operating at top gear but am good with where we are today and the new vibe around the program.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not sure whether you are talking to me or not but I don’t think you will find any expectations from me other than I think the hire was a good one and should give us some excitement going forward. I actually like CPJ and will miss his offense when it was operating at top gear but am good with where we are today and the new vibe around the program.
I’m with you but there’s been some bold proclamations. Expectations are being elevated and I hope he’s got what it takes.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m with you but there’s been some bold proclamations. Expectations are being elevated and I hope he’s got what it takes.

I’m sorry, what’s the point of this statement? What do you want the new staff to say?

“We are going to strive to be average and Mediocre!”

That will get the fan base fired up! I’m so sick of the same 5 CPJ fan boys bringing down every thread because they can’t move on with their lives. Makes me not want to read any of the threads anymore because I know where it’s heading everytime.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tech has consistently been underrated going back years with regard to level of finish in the Coastal..... despite almost always being in the race for the title.....in other words.....the projection to finish last was nothing new.
Really??
Name 2 times we were predicted to be last.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m sorry, what’s the point of this statement? What do you want the new staff to say?

“We are going to strive to be average and Mediocre!”

That will get the fan base fired up! I’m so sick of the same 5 CPJ fan boys bringing down every thread because they can’t move on with their lives. Makes me not want to read any of the threads anymore because I know where it’s heading everytime.
I’m not a hype monster. That appeals to some, to me it makes me pause & reconsider what expectations you have presented for yourself. I’ll give you an example. We hired what appears to be an outstanding strength & conditioning coach. CGC has said so himself. I expect a bigger & stronger team.

We hired recruiting experts, ones that flourished at other schools. I expect improvements in recruiting.

I’m not sure why all the previous CPJ haters feel it necessary to pre-load excuses about what this regime won’t accomplish. I thought we hired someone to put us on an upward trajectory by heir accounts. I believe that.

I’m a fan of GT and always have been- Gomer Gailey, Bill Curry, etc no matter what GT has rolled out I’ve stayed until the buzzer every game I’ve ever been to all over this country regardless the outcome. Some people threw their toys out of the toy chest years ago, now are back beating their chests about a return to greatness & when you make one tame comment about delivering on expectations the stammering & thumbsucking ensues. Damn, I hope our coaching staff isn’t lacking the ability to exceed so of you are telegraphing you think they do.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
My expectations for this he coaching staff
1) Build relationships with existing players
2) RECRUIT
3) Get us bowl eligible

Quality coaching and game strategy are also crucial and should be added at the top of this list, in order to achieve bowl eligibility.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not a hype monster. That appeals to some, to me it makes me pause & reconsider what expectations you have presented for yourself. I’ll give you an example. We hired what appears to be an outstanding strength & conditioning coach. CGC has said so himself. I expect a bigger & stronger team.

We hired recruiting experts, ones that flourished at other schools. I expect improvements in recruiting.

I’m not sure why all the previous CPJ haters feel it necessary to pre-load excuses about what this regime won’t accomplish. I thought we hired someone to put us on an upward trajectory by heir accounts. I believe that

You’re the same person who throws dirt on CPJ, just on the other side. You can’t let people enjoy being excited about the new message the staff is presenting because you have all your reservations. Just the same as people who don’t appreciate what Paul did and continue to bash him then just move on. If you’re such a fan as you say, then why wouldn’t you support the new staff and believe they will succeed in what they are saying, until they don’t do it.

You’re statements contradict each other by saying you believe in the hire but question everything they do. Doesn’t make sense to me, sorry.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! We really really need to understand the mega difference between hype and optimism/hope/enthusiasm, and yes there is more than a bit of hype in the air. We also need to understand the very real accomplishments of CPJ, in an environment that thankfully is likely to be much better for CGC.

If you aren't old enuf to have lived through the B--- L---- tragedy, then just stfu about how thankful you are about a young-enthusiastic- recruiting machine in CGC, because you have no perception of history.

Thank-goodness most supporters don't find it necessary to piss on CPJ in order to be supportive of CGC.

It's OK to be from Missouri, and it's not to be confused in the slightest as not being supportive of the
new staff.