Nate Woody . . .

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Good for Woody and good for us recruiting wise. If he had followed Satterfield to Louisville or gone to another P5 conference there would have been the possibility of some of our commits following him. Doubt that would be the case with Army.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Good for Woody and good for us recruiting wise. If he had followed Satterfield to Louisville or gone to another P5 conference there would have been the possibility of some of our commits following him. Doubt that would be the case with Army.
On the flip side, any offensive commits we have that don't fit the new scheme and want to go somewhere they have a better chance at playing time might have an option if they are ok with the whole "mandatory service" thing. Same for any defensive commits, but they would likely find familiar schemes at a bunch of other schools too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this news, completely selfishly.

First, it allows us to get an answer to the lingering question of whether Nate Woody could significantly improve a defense for a team that runs basically the flexbone base.

Second, if, God forbid, CGC turns out differently than I and we expect and want and ends up being like GS's move away from the option, then we have a coaching unit ready to come back and get to work.

Unselfishly, I think it's a great job for CNW, and Army also can do big things with an improved D.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

First, it allows us to get an answer to the lingering question of whether Nate Woody could significantly improve a defense for a team that runs basically the flexbone base.

Second, if, God forbid, CGC turns out differently than I and we expect and want and ends up being like GS's move away from the option, then we have a coaching unit ready to come back and get to work.

Unselfishly, I think it's a great job for CNW, and Army also can do big things with an improved D.
I don't think TStan goes back to the 30, even if Collins fails. I think it would take a new AD for that to happen. Just my guess.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Did the Army DC get a better job, as they played great.??

I think Woody was headed towards the disciplined but aggressive pursuit Army showed especially with the strong safety lb positions. I am excited to see Army stepping up.

GO ARMY

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Army's DC Hire Very Interesting

Mack Brown at UNC just hired away Army's DC coordinator; Army Finished #9 in nation in Defense this year; Very interesting I thought Schools that ran the Spread Option There defenses were very poor and ineffective in stopping Spread passing teams