Nate Woody . . .

Animal02

Banned
You’re the same person who throws dirt on CPJ, just on the other side. You can’t let people enjoy being excited about the new message the staff is presenting because you have all your reservations. Just the same as people who don’t appreciate what Paul did and continue to bash him then just move on. If you’re such a fan as you say, then why wouldn’t you support the new staff and believe they will succeed in what they are saying, until they don’t do it.

You’re statements contradict each other by saying you believe in the hire but question everything they do. Doesn’t make sense to me, sorry.
Wow! We really really need to understand the mega difference between hype and optimism/hope/enthusiasm, and yes there is more than a bit of hype in the air. We also need to understand the very real accomplishments of CPJ, in an environment that thankfully is likely to be much better for CGC.

If you aren't old enuf to have lived through the B--- L---- tragedy, then just stfu about how thankful you are about a young-enthusiastic- recruiting machine in CGC, because you have no perception of history.

Thank-goodness most supporters don't find it necessary to piss on CPJ in order to be supportive of CGC.

It's OK to be from Missouri, and it's not to be confused in the slightest as not being supportive of the
new staff.
BL?
Try living through the last years of Rodgers thefirst ones of Curry. :eek:

Agree with you about the difference between hype and optimism.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Interesting. What is it you think my narrative is? Yours seems to be basically disagreeing with anyone who is optimistic or suggests Collins needs some time to get things going with his system.

Do you really need everyone to be just as excited as you are to give validity to your own opinions? Some like the hire more than others. Some have high expectations some are skeptical. Is that really so hard for everyone to deal with.

The seeming demand or desire for group think is surprising in a bunch of Tech grads.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You’re the same person who throws dirt on CPJ, just on the other side. You can’t let people enjoy being excited about the new message the staff is presenting because you have all your reservations. Just the same as people who don’t appreciate what Paul did and continue to bash him then just move on. If you’re such a fan as you say, then why wouldn’t you support the new staff and believe they will succeed in what they are saying, until they don’t do it.

You’re statements contradict each other by saying you believe in the hire but question everything they do. Doesn’t make sense to me, sorry.

Another one who needs validation from others for what they believe.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Probably getting a small salary while GT pays the rest of what he would have made next year. Kinda like Butch Jones making 30k working for Saban while he collects his buyout from Tennessee.

He will look for coordinator positions next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Probably getting a small salary while GT pays the rest of what he would have made next year. Kinda like Butch Jones making 30k working for Saban while he collects his buyout from Tennessee.

He will look for coordinator positions next year.
When I wrote executive multi year compensation packages, we had language that would severely limit this type of relationship.
To hire an executive that averages 500K for an alleged 30k assignment would trigger letters to both parties. The intent of the agreements were for helping get a similar $ position at a company differnt area of service. That said it may no telling what goes on in college coaching.

I really liked him and the defense that started to implement.
I just wish he would have just started with full pressure as I hope cgc does in 19.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Sorry things didn't work out for Coach Woody. He got a two year deal from us, so he was somewhat protected, but does stink that Paul Johnson retired one year into his tenure here. I think he's a good defensive coach and would've kept us going in the right direction. I'm sure he'll be at Michigan for a year and then either move on to the staff as a full time coach or move on to another position. Best of luck to him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's going to assist for Don Brown, who's widely considered one of the best DCs in the business. He gets to coach under Jim Harbaugh and learn how a one of the best coaches on the college and NFL level runs a program. He gets to coach at Michigan and learn the inner workings of a big "machine".

Nate Woody is basically taking an elite coaching internship....that's paid by GT.